Brown haze inside rifle

Gregg A

It has about 35 40 rounds through it.  I cleaned with bore cleaner then regular gun cleaner ( Birchwood ).  Then i gave it a oiling.  It actually took a few months of storage for this to develop.  It appears to be in the metal, like it has discolored.  It looks like it is only where the bolt is and where there may have been gases coming outby the bolt release.  It does not come off even with 4/0 steel wool with oil.

20231201_062136.jpg

20231201_062206.jpg

On 12/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, Gregg A said:

It has about 35 40 rounds through it.  I cleaned with bore cleaner then regular gun cleaner ( Birchwood ).  Then i gave it a oiling.  It actually took a few months of storage for this to develop.  It appears to be in the metal, like it has discolored.  It looks like it is only where the bolt is and where there may have been gases coming outby the bolt release.  It does not come off even with 4/0 steel wool with oil.

20231201_062136.jpg

20231201_062206.jpg

@Benelli Guy Have you ever seen this?