M4 Bolt Face Question

Plinkingaway

Probably nothing but some good pics would help a lot in diagnosing. Doing a search here will show that fairly recently some others who have had the same inquiry as you and posted up some pics were advised in most cases IIRC, that it's normal left over machining marks on the bolt face and no concern needed.

Edited by Evolution

3 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Certainly not the best looking bolt I've seen, but it shouldn't cause you any functional problems.

I guess I’ll just have to take it out and try it. 
It doesn’t quite meet my expectations of Benelli, but as long as it functions the way it’s supposed to I’ll get over it. 
Cheers

IMO, it just looks like yet another example of how the finish work at Benelli has slipped in the last few years. There are multiple posts on this board from people who have issues just like yours and other things too.

I would not worry about it as it will not affect functioning or strength or safety, it's just sloppy finish work IMO.

I suppose they just don't care to take the time to make the bolt face mirror smooth like they used to. Another corner cut at the expense of cosmetics. Too bad, and should not be that way in a high end firearm.

Edited by Evolution

35 minutes ago, Evolution said:

IMO, it just looks like yet another example of how the finish work at Benelli has slipped in the last few years. There are multiple posts on this board from people who have issues just like yours and other things too.

I would not worry about it as it will not affect functioning or strength or safety, it's just sloppy finish work IMO.

I suppose they just don't care to take the time to make the bolt face mirror smooth like they used to. Another corner cut at the expense of cosmetics. Too bad, and should not be that way in a high end firearm.

I won’t worry about it then. 
Thanks for the help!