New to the Forums, Recommend Upgrades for Benelli 11715?

MADR77

Hi everyone! New to forums so I figured I would say hi :D

I am purchasing my first Benelli shotgun this week. The model # is 11715. I have done a bit of digging using the search function to find some recommended upgrades, one of which being a LimbSaver recoil pad. Does anyone know if the LimbSaver 10403 is the correct model number to replace the factory pad on the collapsable Benelli stock? I was also wondering if anyone has recommendations for a choke? I only plan to use this shotgun for home defense, target shooting, and occasionally skeet shooting. I do not plan to ever use this shotgun for hunting purposes. Any recommendations are appreciated and if there's something I didn't cover that I should also consider purchasing, please let me know!!

1 hour ago, MADR77 said:

Hi everyone! New to forums so I figured I would say hi :D

I am purchasing my first Benelli shotgun this week. The model # is 11715. I have done a bit of digging using the search function to find some recommended upgrades, one of which being a LimbSaver recoil pad. Does anyone know if the LimbSaver 10403 is the correct model number to replace the factory pad on the collapsable Benelli stock? I was also wondering if anyone has recommendations for a choke? I only plan to use this shotgun for home defense, target shooting, and occasionally skeet shooting. I do not plan to ever use this shotgun for hunting purposes. Any recommendations are appreciated and if there's something I didn't cover that I should also consider purchasing, please let me know!!

Welcome! Always happy to get new members on here. I am not sure about the Limb saver, but I am curious if you have ever shot a Benelli M4. I ask because I don't think the limb saver is that big of a deal, now this is my opinion and others will tell me I'm crazy, but if you are a younger guy or have a large frame, I don't think you will need to worry about a limb saver, but if you are sure about getting it then go for it. I shoot quite a bit of the M4, everything from bird shot to 3" magnum and I do long shooting sessions, at least 200 rounds a week(that's a lot to me at least lol), and that is just counting shot shells and not others weapons that I shoot as well during those sessions. I have never seen the need for the limb saver because the Benelli is such a soft shooting weapon even with the heavier shells compared to the pump, but again that is my experience and everyone is different. I would say to go do some shooting and see if that is something you will want to get, again just my opinion on that.

Chokes, oh the infamous chokes. I have also been doing a lot of research and testing with different chokes and ammo. This is a rather large subject, it depends a lot on the ammo you are using and what works best or patterns best for your individual M4. I have found out the hard way that not all shotguns and chokes are created the same and have lost some money on buying chokes that don't do the same as the reviewers or maybe what I thought they would do, that is my fault for having unrealistic expectations. I'm still learning about this subject so maybe some other guys could give better info this is all my opinion. The current setup I use for HD is an IC (improved cylinder) choke with Hornady Critical Defense 2 3/4. I like this combination because it keeps the shot close, but not as close as say the Federal Flite control, but it doesn't open it up like it would with a "standard" 00 shot. Again this would depend on your specific shotgun and the distance you are using. What I did was take measurements of my home, so from my bed to my bedroom door, my bedroom door to the end of the hallway, then from the bottom of the stairs to the top of the stairs, from the top of the stairs to the front door and back door. I took all those measurements and went and shot a variety of shells at those distances to see what does the best with my M4 and with a couple of different chokes (IC, M, Full). I have found that the IC with Critical Defense did the best for me and what I want. Others may have different results and you might too, you need to get out there and shoot to see what yours can do. The chokes that I like the best are Benellis chokes and Carlsons chokes. Those have worked best for me and your results may vary. I do not know about skeet shooting as I don't skeet shoot, so maybe others might be able to give you some recommendations for that. 

Here is a video that will give you an idea of what you can start doing and maybe change on your M4. I, like you, am new to the M4 and have been doing endless research on what to get. Just know that this video is to give you an idea of what to do, you don't have to buy the exact stuff from FFT, he does have good stuff, but there are other companies that sell these same items that are for sure cheaper or better quality and features, so do your research. There are a lot of really good guys on here that can help you along as they have helped me tremendously in this endeavor. I would say to keep searching the message boards because more likely than not your question has probably already been answered in-depth, but if you can't find the answer guys here I'm sure are always willing to help you out to find the answer. Hope this info helps you out and again welcome to the Benelli Boards, hope to hear from you soon. 

Freedom Fighter Tactical    Aridus Industries     GG&G     RX Arms    Midwest Industries      Mesa Tactical     Taran Tactical   Agency Arms   Scalar Works

Briley   Blitzkrieg Components   Carlsons choke tubes    Carrier Comp Mag tube 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, John Doe said:

Welcome! Always happy to get new members on here. I am not sure about the Limb saver, but I am curious if you have ever shot a Benelli M4. I ask because I don't think the limb saver is that big of a deal, now this is my opinion and others will tell me I'm crazy, but if you are a younger guy or have a large frame, I don't think you will need to worry about a limb saver, but if you are sure about getting it then go for it. I shoot quite a bit of the M4, everything from bird shot to 3" magnum and I do long shooting sessions, at least 200 rounds a week(that's a lot to me at least lol), and that is just counting shot shells and not others weapons that I shoot as well during those sessions. I have never seen the need for the limb saver because the Benelli is such a soft shooting weapon even with the heavier shells compared to the pump, but again that is my experience and everyone is different. I would say to go do some shooting and see if that is something you will want to get, again just my opinion on that.

Chokes, oh the infamous chokes. I have also been doing a lot of research and testing with different chokes and ammo. This is a rather large subject, it depends a lot on the ammo you are using and what works best or patterns best for your individual M4. I have found out the hard way that not all shotguns and chokes are created the same and have lost some money on buying chokes that don't do the same as the reviewers or maybe what I thought they would do, that is my fault for having unrealistic expectations. I'm still learning about this subject so maybe some other guys could give better info this is all my opinion. The current setup I use for HD is an IC (improved cylinder) choke with Hornady Critical Defense 2 3/4. I like this combination because it keeps the shot close, but not as close as say the Federal Flite control, but it doesn't open it up like it would with a "standard" 00 shot. Again this would depend on your specific shotgun and the distance you are using. What I did was take measurements of my home, so from my bed to my bedroom door, my bedroom door to the end of the hallway, then from the bottom of the stairs to the top of the stairs, from the top of the stairs to the front door and back door. I took all those measurements and went and shot a variety of shells at those distances to see what does the best with my M4 and with a couple of different chokes (IC, M, Full). I have found that the IC with Critical Defense did the best for me and what I want. Others may have different results and you might too, you need to get out there and shoot to see what yours can do. The chokes that I like the best are Benellis chokes and Carlsons chokes. Those have worked best for me and your results may vary. I do not know about skeet shooting as I don't skeet shoot, so maybe others might be able to give you some recommendations for that. 

Here is a video that will give you an idea of what you can start doing and maybe change on your M4. I, like you, am new to the M4 and have been doing endless research on what to get. Just know that this video is to give you an idea of what to do, you don't have to buy the exact stuff from FFT, he does have good stuff, but there are other companies that sell these same items that are for sure cheaper or better quality and features, so do your research. There are a lot of really good guys on here that can help you along as they have helped me tremendously in this endeavor. I would say to keep searching the message boards because more likely than not your question has probably already been answered in-depth, but if you can't find the answer guys here I'm sure are always willing to help you out to find the answer. Hope this info helps you out and again welcome to the Benelli Boards, hope to hear from you soon. 

Freedom Fighter Tactical    Aridus Industries     GG&G     RX Arms    Midwest Industries      Mesa Tactical     Taran Tactical   Agency Arms   Scalar Works

Briley   Blitzkrieg Components   Carlsons choke tubes    Carrier Comp Mag tube 

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to check out that video later today. I have shot a Benelli before, a Montefeltro and an M4 with a full stock. I actually loved shooting the M4 so much that it convinced me to buy one for myself. I just wasn't sure if the recoil absorption is the same with the collapsable stock, which is why I was considering a LimbSaver just to make it feel "extra" nice. I am very new to the shotgun world (this will be my first shotgun), so I really appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

The 10403 is the correct model of Llimbsaver. It goes right on the standard pistol grip stocks. I believe there may be some jiggerypokery that needs to be done to get it installed on the collapsible stock.