M3 Modell 11605

M3- 11605

Looks like Benelli's gone to 11606.

It's not particularly easy to find anything for M3s...parts, accessories, info are all relatively scarce.

Never understood why the M3 isn't more popular than it is.  I've owned all the high-end "tactical" shotguns and still think the M3 is the best all-around gun.  Only thing it lacks is accessory support...

On 2/19/2024 at 9:41 AM, Varangian said:

Never understood why the M3 isn't more popular than it is.  I've owned all the high-end "tactical" shotguns and still think the M3 is the best all-around gun.  Only thing it lacks is accessory support...

I agree completely. Though maybe not for everyone, I think the selectable pump/semi-auto action really sets the M3 above the rest. I only know of two others both by Franchi.
Along with my two M3's, I've got a mint folding stocked Franchi SPAS-12. In my opinion, it is likely only popular due to its more iconic look and exposure by being featured in video games and movies. But functionally it is completely inferior in every way to the Benelli M3 (both of mine are also folding stock). That's not even counting the extremely unsafe paddle safety issue on the Franchi if they haven't been upgraded to cross bolt.
I have been saving for quite a while to get a Franchi SPAS-15 as it largely fixed all the shortcomings and oddities of the SPAS-12 plus gave it a removable magazine. I have shot a box through the SPAS-15 and it and the M3 are very comparable in terms of ease of use, design, etc. However, the SPAS-15 is extremely rare and magazines are nearly unobtainium. The last two guns sold for $8,500 and mags are ~$350-500 each (5 round). I was honestly surprised they re-released the M3 but very glad even though I am not in the market for one.
Does anyone know of any other selectable pump/semi-auto shotguns besides the three I mentioned?
I need to get my SPAS-12 out and photo it with my M3T folder's.

Benelli M3T folders (pair) - small.jpg