Toni System (TST) Mlok hand guard forend upgrade for my Benelli M4 T Pro

CEBEP

Just a quick review. Main idea is to decrease the weight. Stock aluminum T Pro handguard is 323gr, new TST is only 92gr giving 231gr of weight reduction. It’s made of polymer with aluminum Mlok inserts screwed in. Handguard is installed tight, zero rattle or play. Just what I would expect from Toni System. Elevated top end covers the barrel almost to the top. There is a texture on the surface, so there is no way your hand will slide on this thing in any condition. It looks very sturdy. It’s questionable how usable would Mlok slots be in the place they are as my hand covers them all. I assume front one could be usable with a forward extender for flashlight installation. All in all I’m very happy with it and can’t wait to give it a go at the range. 

IMG_1485.jpeg

IMG_1484.jpeg

IMG_1482.jpeg

IMG_1491.jpeg

IMG_1492.jpeg

IMG_1493.jpeg

IMG_1494.jpeg

IMG_1495.jpeg

IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1497.jpeg

1 minute ago, rubicon20032003 said:

If your worried about a m4 weight.You should have bought a m4 sbr or 1301

Very valuable advice, thank you. SBR are not allowed in country where I live and 1301 wasn’t available. Beside, I bought M4 because I wanted M4. 

• Like 1

I've literally never heard of this company until now, which makes sense as they're based in Europe.

Had I not bought a Briley just now I probably would have been after this right away. It's lightweight, strong, tool-less, and looks like it has really nice texturing built in.

If you can get ahold of one, the TRex Arms extended scout mount for Arisaka lights might make this work. You could shove the light very far forward off the handguard, and actuate it with a clicky tail cap press. Your hand would probably still hit it, but you'd be hitting the small low profile MLok mount instead of a large light body.

Thanks for sharing, I think this is a great option for everyone seeking light mounting solutions with the IWC mount off the market, while maintaining tool-less take down and a negligible weight change from the stock plastic handguards.

Edited by m4prime

2 hours ago, m4prime said:

I've literally never heard of this company until now, which makes sense as they're based in Europe.

Had I not bought a Briley just now I probably would have been after this right away. It's lightweight, strong, tool-less, and looks like it has really nice texturing built in.

If you can get ahold of one, the TRex Arms extended scout mount for Arisaka lights might make this work. You could shove the light very far forward off the handguard, and actuate it with a clicky tail cap press. Your hand would probably still hit it, but you'd be hitting the small low profile MLok mount instead of a large light body.

Thanks for sharing, I think this is a great option for everyone seeking light mounting solutions with the IWC mount off the market, while maintaining tool-less take down and a negligible weight change from the stock plastic handguards.

Thanks for suggestion. I looked at Trex mount you’ve mentioned but it’s kinda putting the light further away from the gun and light that I have is not Surefire. If I’ll use a ligh, ideally I want it or it’s mount to have a quick release so I can attach it whenever I need to and be mounted as close to the barrel as possible for better weight balancing. Since there is no substitute for IWC mount, maybe I can tey creating one, say a newer version. But I need an IWC mount still to take some measurements.