Super 90 Slow Bolt

lawaterfowler

My friend has a Super 90 that is a few years old and the bolt is very slow. We removed the stock after duck season and sprayed some cleaner and oil in the spring, but this only seems to help a little. The housing that holds the spring is installed extremely tight and we could not completely disassemble it for cleaning. Does anyone have any other ideas that we might be able to try. The bolt also has a spot where it seems to stick of hang-up if you slide the bolt forward while holding the bolt handle. All of these might be related but the bolt will also not rotate to the fully closed position on the first shell, might just be to slow. Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks,

You have a recoild spring that needs to be replaced. This is the most overlooked maintenance that must be done to keep your Benelli operating smoothly. Let me know if you need directions to complete this process. I will need to know what year your super 90 is. Replace the spring with a Wolffe 25% increase spring. There are several good posts on this website that I have documented Benelli recoil spring issues.