Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pheasant Phool

Eotech Holosight for wingshooting

Hi I'm not sure how good it would work clay shooting. Theres a couple of ways to shoot and lots of time I dont think I even see my bead . I kind of think it becomes natural.

i have to agree that i site would mess me up gun/head placement --- keeping the gun moveing is way more important than trying to aim ive never seen any one shoot clays with a halo site only statonary targets

I'm a 56 year old pheasant hunter from flint mi, shooting since age 10. i've tried everything including the holosight. have to agree with others; don't care for it. like the books on shotgun shooting by Brister and others say, you shouldn't be aware of anything but the bird. i find concentrating only on the bird, with gunbarrel in blurred periphery, and not stopping the gun, plus a "gun to face, not face to gun' smooth mount, is what to concentrate on. dan mcphail, flint mi (world's largest single purchaser and owner of 48AL's)

I havent tried a holosight But i use a magnetic fiberoptic sight for skeet and trap. I find that when im concentrating on the target it illuminates just enough that you always know where your aiming.

for years i shot an old mossburg pump with no front bead at all. head placement and moveing the gun is the way . wing shooting is more intuitive than aiming you point a shot gun not aim it.... you must be the shot grasshopper... :D