Is this Fowling?

Gerrya

Ive got about 300 rounds through this M4 barrel. This pic was taken at the chamber end and Ive cleaned the crap out of it and this wont come out. I used shooters choice and passed the brush through about 20 times. Its mostly the first couple of inches past the chamber.

2007-04-11_01.jpg

Looks to me like melted plastic from crimp on hull that has stuck to barrel and run ya a bore snake thru it and work it just in that area with some Hoppes #9! This happens to mine every time i use it and thats why ya need to keep barrel free of obstructions!!

Looks to me like melted plastic from crimp on hull that has stuck to barrel and run ya a bore snake thru it and work it just in that area with some Hoppes #9! This happens to mine every time i use it and thats why ya need to keep barrel free of obstructions!!

I tried some Kroil and probably about 50 strokes with the Bronze bore brush and it cleared up most of it. There is still a little left, but Im sure it will be that way the next time I shoot it.

Thanks