18.5" Barrel

Guest DocLRRP

Guest DocLRRP

Will this smooth barrel found on my SN tactical work for deer hunting with slugs??

What range do you think it will function??

Thank you.

My farthest deer kill with a smoothbore slug is 125 yards.

Ample penetration at that range.

I did shoot a turkey at close to 250 with a slug, but there was some luck involved in that one.

Severed his neck just below the head.

Smoothbores, with the right slugs, can be quite accurate.

Guest DocLRRP

Wow, that was quick. I appreciate the reply. I am getting one for my son in law and just wanted to check out functionality.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/guns-shooting/gf_aa106503a/ :D Depends on the ability of the shooter and time spent getting to know his ballistics with a certain round and a good shot with a smooth bore would be somewhere between 75 to 100 Yds and range work will let ya know all this info! Slugs ballistics out past 100 Yds drop pretty fast, rifled barrels will get ya out a little further with a little more accuracy! front bead sights limit you a group when ya get way out their as far as getting a decent goup!!