M1014 & FTF Question

Flame Red

I recently added an EOTech sight to my M1014 and I started to notice it FTF often. It seems to operate properly when I have it firmly seated to my sholder. When I shoot it from the hip it FTF pretty ofen. Generally when I shoot it from the hip the stock is not resting on any part of my body. I don't recall it FTF in the past when I shot it from hip.

Not sure if it has something to do with added weight of the Eotech, or there is something mechanical going on. I clean it after every use. Have always used the same ammo. Anyone else have any FTF problems shooting it from the hip?

I recently added an EOTech sight to my M1014 and I started to notice it FTF often. It seems to operate properly when I have it firmly seated to my sholder. When I shoot it from the hip it FTF pretty ofen. Generally when I shoot it from the hip the stock is not resting on any part of my body. I don't recall it FTF in the past when I shot it from hip.

Not sure if it has something to do with added weight of the Eotech, or there is something mechanical going on. I clean it after every use. Have always used the same ammo. Anyone else have any FTF problems shooting it from the hip?

Hello Flame Red,

I have an EOTech on my M4. Which EOTech do you have and what do you mean by FTF?

MaxSecured

check your ammo for out of roundness,bad cartridge rims etc,,, or lack of lube on the the rails or bolt head,,caution,,saftey on ,,,,load a round thru the ejection port and slam the bolt closed,,if it locks up then it could be a worn firring pin spring or pin,,,if it don;t,,,check your bolt head or bolt head pin,,for wear,,or your recoil spring is going,I don;t shoot from the hip but that won't stop your M1014 from firring and neither will your optics..this weapon is made to fire in all condtions and positions.

I shoot my M4's from the hip all the time. and sometimes with lighter loads 7/8 oz. or a few times when dirty even the 1oz. loads. Benelli makes this gun to shoot 3 1/4 dram 1 1/8 oz. loads or stouter. Look at your shells. Lots of shells have 3 dram or less powder charges, and as light as 7/8 oz. or 24 gram shotloads in them.

Also, I think it's like pistols when you don't keep a locked wrist, sometime the slide can't make it back all the way and it will FTF or even FTE. I know i'm gonna get stomped by the ARGO boys here for this and all, but if it isn't the light load and the gun is clean try holding the forearm and the pistol grip especially firm to keep the gun from recoiling back as much. I noticed that this works for me when I shoot lighter loads than the recommended Benelli minimum. I know this cause I give it to the wife- jam. Take it back- works. Hope this helps.