USMC M1014 stock 2 or 3 position?

bmmc

Does anyone know if the M1014 used my the military has a two or three position stock?

My M4 LE (11707) is a three position but I seem to recall discussion of two position stock as well.

Does anyone have a good pic?

Thanks, BMMC

I've ordered the Numrich 2 position tube. Eight of them in fact. And they've shipped one. I have a machinist that can cut the extra position but, I'm really trying to find out what the exact layout of the .mil issue M1014, or the history of such if it's changes as M1014 suggests. The preliminary technical manual suggests it is a two position tube. Anyone have firsthand knowledge?

Thanks for the replies so far.

Guest GunCrazyD
11707 and M1014 are the same. There are 2 extended positions, and fully collapsed, for a total of 3. One can also use the takedown notch, but the buttstock will not be secured from rotating.

you are VERY WRONG.....1014 has a non-collapsible skeletonized stock...only like 2 position...fully extended an then like 1/2 inch in...a 11707 true M4 can take a collapsible stock where it will retract to 3 set positions all the way out to fully flush against the reciever...if the serial # has 1014 in it, the stock will not collapse...

you are VERY WRONG.....1014 has a non-collapsible skeletonized stock......if the serial # has 1014 in it, the stock will not collapse...

I think you may have misunderstood the question GunCrazyD, bmmc was referring to the military M1014, the true joint combat shotgun. This does have a collapseable stock (and is unavailable to mortals). There is also a "commemritve 1014" or something like that, that was marketed as a civilian shotgun, but I do not think this post is in referance to that model.

Guest GunCrazyD
I think you may have misunderstood the question GunCrazyD, bmmc was referring to the military M1014, the true joint combat shotgun. This does have a collapseable stock (and is unavailable to mortals). There is also a "commemritve 1014" or something like that, that was marketed as a civilian shotgun, but I do not think this post is in referance to that model.

i didn't misunderstand.....calling a gun a 11707 is just the internal part # for the gun for Benelli....and most of them will saw "LE" on them....the mititary 1014 is not something almost anyone has as you said...so i doubt that is what he is talking about....2 guns exist in civilian hands pretty much..the commemerative 1014 without collapsible stock...says 1014 in the serial #..and a stardard M4....that until now has had a stock capable of accpeting the collapsible stock set..and it is 3 position....if you look at the stock mounting bar/recoil tube if it has a flat section on the left hand side that goes 3/4's of the way up the bar then it is a 3 position collapsible stock accpeting gun..if that flat section is only 1 inch long..it is a 1014 style...

the M1014 used my the military

GunCrazyD, call it a hunch, but I'm going to have to say that he was _probably_ referring to the military model. I dunno why I would think that though, it is just this gut feeling I have.

No, on second thought, you're right. He must be referring to the commemorative M1014 model offered to civvies.

On that note: Reading Comprehension -- it's what keeps you from looking like a fool in public forums.

i didn't misunderstand.....calling a gun a 11707 is just the internal part # for the gun for Benelli....and most of them will saw "LE" on them....the mititary 1014 is not something almost anyone has as you said...so i doubt that is what he is talking about....2 guns exist in civilian hands pretty much...

with all respect my friend, there are four or five models, 11707, 11717, 11704, 11703, 11702 and the 11707 (1014 comenrative) with the flag on it. M4 is the internal refrence name for the shotgun, as in "M1014, the military M4" or "11717, the desert cammo M4" or "11704, the M4 entry gun" or "11703, the cali legal non collapsing stock M4" My thoughts were the original post was from a person interested in replicating a military joint comand combat shotgun with their civillian model. It is very common knowledge that the civillian 1014 does not have a collapseable stock - so I would not think that a member here would post such a question. Oh and the gentelman asked "Does anyone know if the M1014 used my the military has a two or three position stock?" and the title of the thread was "USMC M1014 stock 2 or 3 position?" I interpreted USMC M1014 as the JCCS used by the marines. And the civi copy was called the 1014, not the M1014, that is not permitted . This is why we have the M16 and the AR15, the M4 and the AR15 carbine, the M9 and the beretta 92fs. Etc, Etc... anyway it is all nice to see different veiwpoints expresed here. It is a great thing about this country. regards -d

d is correct. I am referring to the Military issue M1014. I've owned three each of the M1014 Limited Edition (model 11701) and the M4 (11707) and aware they have a fixed position (open) and three postion (open, mid, closed) stocks or recoil tubes, respectively.

Then preliminary technical manuel indicates the .mil version is a two position (open and closed) stock. I'd like to know for sure.

M1014, was this directed towards me?

No, I am sure it was not.

Anyway, the spring recoil tube being sold by E-gunparts, is a two position model (open and close) and they deal with alot of military surplus and over stock. The factory tubes they sold in the past were the military tube that Benelli was getting rid of because they could not sell to civis. So my thinking is the two position recoil tube being sold now is also the military recoil tube that is surplus. I would think the military would not have need of a multi position tube, more to break. Only open for use, and closed for transport and storage. Just my thoughts, -d