M4 for deer hunting

walstien

I hadn't gotten a chance to take my M4 deer hunting yet but I have ran about 30 slugs throught it and it patterned very well at 25-50 yards with open sight I use the winchester super X value packs that you can get at wal-mart for 7 dollars. Just make sure your front sight doesn't come loose because mine did and a 5.5 mm wrench is not cheap at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a Burris Fastfire red dot to mount on your pic rail (it comes off real easy when your done with slugs).Natchez has em for 159.99 comparable to a Doctor Optic at 400.00. An EOtech or Aimpoint regular(not the micro) sits too high for a good cheek weld. Then get a rifled choke tube from Briley Mfg. or someone else. Then get you some Federal TruBall slugs and you too can kill a deer at 75yrd and maybe farther. The Winchester Slugs & buckshot is fun to shoot but the quality is crap. You friggen be lucky to keep 5 shots in a paper plate at 40 yards. At least in my 2 M4's. These damn M4's are truly versatile for turkey, deer AND they work pretty good on liquor store jobs as well.