SBE II Sloppy Synthetic Forestock Solved

Canexpat

:confused: I just figured out why my forestock is sloppy. I knew something wasn't right but I couldn't figure out why. While examining the piece I discovered the forestock cross rib closest to the receiver is cracked through. You can only see the break by flexing or torquing the piece.

I wonder what my odds are this is a warranty issue?:cool:

Canexpat

I just figured out why my forestock is sloppy. I knew something wasn't right but I couldn't figure out why. While examining the piece I discovered the forestock cross rib closest to the receiver is cracked through. You can only see the break by flexing or torquing the piece.

I wonder what my odds are this is a warranty issue?:cool:

Canexpat

You will probably get a new one this time.

I'd be willing to bet you or the gunshop broke it though. It's a snug fit, especially when new, and it's pretty easy to break if you force it off or on.

Just take it very easy on the new forearm :)

Not a great design on Benelli's part for sure.

Hey Mudhen,

It may have well been me. I've tried (gently I thought) to remove it a couple times. Finally here a week or so back Tucker301 or Hogwild ( Sorry Guys !) linked me to their takedown guide and I got it free and discovered what had been causing the sloppiness.

I am gonna guess it was the gunshop as it has been sloppy from the get go. It was a very large shop and no one on duty had any idea how to put it together. In their attempts to assemble it they scratched the receiver and barrel. I finally made them stop. Their responses ranged from "don't you want to see it put together?" to "you don't want to leave this store without someone showing you how assemble it."

I stated the obvious and replied "it would appear there is no one here who can show me how to assemble it."

I just hope Benelli will fix me up with a new one.