how do l put fotos on here?

alan yesilipek

1. The picture must be hosted online somewhere. You cannot link to pictures on your own computer.

Free online hosting services include www.photobucket.com , www.hunt101.com , as well as others.

2. The image hosting services will provide you with a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) for each of your images. This is the web address used to display the image in a browser.

bush_popesanta.jpg

For example, if you right-click on this image and choose, Properties from the context menu, you will see the URL

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/tucker301/bush_popesanta.jpg

3. The easiest way to insert an image into a post is to use the image insert button provided on the posting toolbar.

It looks like this insertimage.gif.

Photobucket and other services may give you more than one option on links for your pictures, including image codes.

Image codes can be pasted into your post and save you the step of clicking the image insertion button.

We look forward to seeing your pictures!

More tips:

Most modern digital cameras default to a relatively large image size (resolution). This size is measured in pixels.

The above image is 500 X 228 pixels.

Check your image size before uploding it your hosting service.

Some services will limit the size, but they still my be too large for practical use on forums. Unless very fine detail is needed, pictures 600 to 800 pixels wide is usually as high as it needs to go.

Most modern PC's come with some sort of image editing software included.

There are many good free programs as well.

Picasa is simple and easy, but limited.

http://picasa.google.com/

Irfanview is a bit more advanced, but also a bit more technical.

http://www.irfanview.com/

GIMP is a very advanced program which can do just about everything that Adobe Photoshop can do, but for free.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Edited by tucker301

Adobe is for editing.

You would still need to employ one of the free hosting services in order to post pictures to these and other forums.

Thanks for the bd wish!

I got a Browning BAR Shortrac Stalker, but I've had it a few weeks now.

I shot a nice 8 pointer last Saturday with it.

Lasered the range yesterday when I was back at that spot and it was 281 yards. I was guestimating 250 when I shot him.

I'm looking for a nice .270 WSM bolt gun for beanfield deer now.

I discovered that the ballistics of the .270 WSM 130 grain match perfectly to my 22-250 50 grain out to 600 yards.

This will allow me to use my Varmint scope, which has a custom compensation dial already tuned for those loads.

Adobe is for editing.

You would still need to employ one of the free hosting services in order to post pictures to these and other forums.

Thanks for the bd wish!

I got a Browning BAR Shortrac Stalker, but I've had it a few weeks now.

I shot a nice 8 pointer last Saturday with it.

Lasered the range yesterday when I was back at that spot and it was 281 yards. I was guestimating 250 when I shot him.

I'm looking for a nice .270 WSM bolt gun for beanfield deer now.

I discovered that the ballistics of the .270 WSM 130 grain match perfectly to my 22-250 50 grain out to 600 yards.

This will allow me to use my Varmint scope, which has a custom compensation dial already tuned for those loads.

Thanks for the info and GL with the Bean Field! All my migos back in Arkansas like the 7MM Remington Senderos for their flat shoot capability, better than their Browinings as a far as flat shooter! Think they are using a Hornaday boxed round of some type ? Thanksgiving's are allways nicer with deer meat on the table!:D

I need to use Schwarze Fritag as an excuse to get me some range finders as if i needed one!:rolleyes: