First time Gun buyer needs HELP

Gil

My first hunting trip was sucessfull and now I wish to join the sport. Research has lead me here. I am going to buy the Benellie super eagle (camo color) with 5 chokes, 26 in barrel and the modified sites. Dealer wants $1,516. I really need to know what is fair. I don't want to get robbed as I have never purchased a firearm before. All comments are appreciated. Hope to be turkey hunting on saturday!

Thanks,

Gil :eek:

That certianly seems high to me... I think bass pro has them for $1,300, and most FFL's will charge from $10-30 for tranfer.

Look on auction sites like Gunbroker.com if you want to save some money. I have used them extensively and if you are careful you can get killer deals very safely.

Good luck and you won't regret buying a Benelli SBE!

Originally posted by bambihunter:

That certianly seems high to me... I think bass pro has them for $1,300, and most FFL's will charge from $10-30 for tranfer.

Look on auction sites like Gunbroker.com if you want to save some money. I have used them extensively and if you are careful you can get killer deals very safely.

Good luck and you won't regret buying a Benelli SBE!

Your RIGHT again Mike I found mine through Gunbroker.

I bought my SBE, 24", Camo w/case, five chokes, etc. for $1154 (that price includes taxes, $1089 before). I called everywhere and that was by far the best price that I found. So, $1516 and $1300 are both high...... E-mail me if you're interested in buying from the same dealer.