supersport recoil pad

ericf

I seem to be noticing some surface cracking in the butt pad on my super sport. Similar to dry rot in old tires. Is this a problem and will it become worse? I didn't know if I should return it (the pad) to Benelli. I can't shoot clays with out the pad :confused: any ideas?

I would return it for a replacement from Benelli. Most gun companies are pretty good about going over and beyond their stated warranty period when customer claims are reasonable.

Another option would be to order an after market pad from somebody like Sims or Hiviz. Check to see if they have a prefit one that will work on the supersport.

[ 01-22-2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Remy ]

i have just aquired a Cordoba and have the thick(standard) pad but i still need a good inch of length. does anyone make a pad or extension for the stock to gain some length. i'm pretty handy but i can't come up with a good/secure way of extending the pad on there now. thought of adding a "slip on" pad but the gel pad would need the surface shaped to a more level surface for the slip on to rest upon i would think so that it would not wander around when fired. guess i could try duct tape to level the surface of the gel pad and that would suffice?

thanks for any help, Joe