Midbead on SBE 2?

Smooth Boar

I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing a SBE 2 with a 26" barrel and Max-4 camo. The gun will be used strictly for duck hunting and probably some doves. I don't turkey hunt.

My question is if the midbead on the SBE 2 is primarily for turkey hunters? And if so, have any of you guys that strictly use your SBE 2 for wingshooting actually removed the midbead? My biggest problem in wingshooting is not focusing on the target but looking at the sight. Last thing I think I need is two sights to distract me.

I'd appreciate anybody's thoughts.

I use mine primarily for wingshooting.

I never see the mid bead, but I learned to shoot with a shotgun that had no beads at all.

Don't pay too much attention to the beads.

Shoot with both eyes opened and learn to shoot with the shotgun as an extension of yourself.

It's just like pointing at something with your finger.

I'm about to pull the trigger on purchasing a SBE 2 with a 26" barrel and Max-4 camo. The gun will be used strictly for duck hunting and probably some doves. I don't turkey hunt.

My question is if the midbead on the SBE 2 is primarily for turkey hunters? And if so, have any of you guys that strictly use your SBE 2 for wingshooting actually removed the midbead? My biggest problem in wingshooting is not focusing on the target but looking at the sight. Last thing I think I need is two sights to distract me.

I'd appreciate anybody's thoughts.

I know quite a few folks that just remove both beads for wingshooting. One guy just chopped both beads off with a machete and then painted the Sport II with spray paint :eek: Right from the box!

I love both beads for turkey hunting and don't even look at beads while wingshooting, so I leave them in place.

Smooth,i use my SBE2 for waterfowling and trap shooting twice a month...i thought the middle bead was a pain in the butt never used it, and it does get annoying...also the small little bead they do put on these things, don't let you find the end of the barrel fast enough, so do what i did...get a Easyhit sight and you won't believe the barrel picture...the middle bead is not annoying now because the easyhit takes over your sight picture....also...why take the middle bead off a 1500.00 gun...leave it on and do what i say and you can thank me after you shoot it....Try Tom Knapps website for easyhit,it was 27.00 dollars..almost nothing compared to the price of the gun...Easyhit makes the Benelli even more perfect.. and get the bigger mm sight in red or orange..just my 2 cents, Honkers41