benelli recoil

ovid300

Limbsavers are great, and one may help, but the Benelli recoil pad is pretty high-tech, itself. I wouldn't do any porting unless I checked with Benelli first. Number one: it may void the warranty. Number two: because Benellis are recoil-driven, so to speak, porting may screw up the cycling.

• 1 month later...

I am interested. i have been duck hunting in MS and come back with a bruised middle finger every time. I have called it the Benelli Bite. Seems to only happen when using Steel 3.5 inch Steel.

I did nt mention it at first, then asked fellow hunters and they said they are getting it as well.

Anyone get the same thing? Any solutions or recomendations?

Sometimes I get knocked over from the recoil on my Benelli ... one time I landed on my elbow and got a really big bruise that my mommy had to put a band aid on ... help guys, is there any solution to this utterly unmanageable recoil? I want my 12 gauge full power 3.5 inch shotgun to feel like a 22LR.

I'm sorry gentlmen, your mistaken.

Weight has nothing to do with recoil. It has to do with recoil distribution.

Take the M16 and USAS-12 which I have owned and the light weight doesn't compare at all with recoil.

Now take the M14 and M1 Garrand with heavy weight and the recoil is more noticable.

Cartridge size doesn't matter either. It's all in how the recoil is distributed with bolt, travel distance, spring loading, mechanical operations, etc.

Conny I am sorry, but you are mistaken as well.

First lets separate felt recoil from actual recoil gun produces.

Actual recoil gun produces is determined from two things only, weight of shot or bullet and velocity when it leaves the muzzle period. Any gun shooting a 1oz slug @ 1800FPS will produce the exact same actual recoil.

Now felt recoil is determined how well the gun distributes or absorbs the actual recoil before it gets to your shoulder. There are a lot of things that can determine that. Weight of the gun, action of the gun, and probably the biggest is the recoil pad.

Check the waterfowler forum for a thread on the Limbsaver recoil pad. I asked a question about shooting 3.5 " steel loads and got back several answers that all included adding a Limbsaver to reduce recoil. The new Benelli pads are ergonomic gel pads while the Limbsaver in a rubber pad structured to dissipate the felt recoil. I just put a Limbsaver 10401 on my SBEII but I have not shot 3.5" steel loads as yet. The factory Benelli pad (14" LOP on new SBEII) kicked my butt with 3.5" loads but noticeably reduced felt recoil with 3" steel loads relative to my old M1 camo.