Thinking of trading my M4 for a M2.

No F-Bdy Bs

I have owned a M1, and M2 in the past. Both were perfect guns.

I now have 2 M4s.

One is a EVIL 11707 SBS with the tele-stock, the other, is a 11707, but I replaced the tele-stock with a field stock and use it as my 3-gun shotgun.

I have been considering selling the M4, and picking up another M2. Mostly for 3-gun work.

FOr what I do with it, I figure I would be better off with the M2. Id want to get a 21in model with a field stock.

Also, I figure I can get about $1500 for my M4 like it sits, and can probably pick up an M2 for about $1200.

Though, the M4 will probably only go up in value.

I wont use either for HD, and I have always liked the extra simplicity of the M2.

Dont get me wrong, NEITHER of my M4s have EVER choked, not one single time. I just consider the M4 more of a "combat" shotgun, and the M2 more of a 3-gun shotgun.

Thoughts? Stay with the M4, or go back to the m2.

Edited by No F-Bdy Bs

Guest cleefurd

This should be interesting, as I've never owned an M2. I do have an M1.... like my M4 better. M2 must be something special if your considering it over the M4 for your intended use.

This should be interesting, as I've never owned an M2. I do have an M1.... like my M4 better. M2 must be something special if your considering it over the M4 for your intended use.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think that the m2 is a "better" gun.

But it is a bit lighter, and I can pick one up in 21in length, which would be better for shoots.

I know what 3-Gun is, but what would make one shotgun better for 3-Gun but not for self defense or vice-versa? Only thing I can think of is maybe if you want to put a light on the M4 for self defense?
M2 is a little lighter, tracks better. I can get it in a 21in length. Recoil system is less complicated.

Also, the M4s ghost sights arent exactly fast for 3-gun work.

The m2 will allow more barrel options for hunting or 3 gun. Now with the way are political atmosphere is I would not recommend gettiing rid of the M4 right now. This will only increase in value. Honestly if I were in your shoes I would hang on to my M4 for at least 1 year after buying your new M2. If you decide at that point you dont use it and want to get rid of it it will only be worth more.

Guest cleefurd

Yes, especially the SBS 11701. Although HR1022 not watered down would prohibit transfer of any gun considered an AW. Hopefully they won't add the M4, since they are considering categorizing ANY militarily employed firearm as AW for future legislation.