Cordoba Questions ...

Aqua Duck

1. How do I access the magazine for cleaning? There is no specific mention of this in the manual - is it as simple as clamping 'flat' parts of end plug with adjustable wrench and turning counterclockwise?

2. I may be trying a turkey hunt this season - are there any magnetic HI-VIZ sights which will fit?

...why do you want to clean the inside of your magazine tube? Did something get inside of it that needs to be cleaned out?

I've never used a Cordoba, but if it's anything like the m4 the mag tube is threaded into the receiver and held in place with green loctite. You will need a heat gun if you want to melt the loctite enough that it allows the tube to twisted out. As stated, this is for the m4, so the cordoba may be different. I don't know why you would want to do this though.

As far as sights, no idea.

Thank you for your reply. The reason is as follows: hunting ducks with waders on, I ended up in the water as I chased a 'cripple' and my foot stepped into a depression in an otherwise hard and flat bottom of the lake. Although the shotgun itself did not get wet, 'moist' shells eventually ended up in the magazine. I think I did a pretty good job spraying inside of the magazine with water-removing lubricant (after depressing the spring full-distance) but still I would like a follow-up to make sure any moisture has been completely removed.

Thank you for your reply. The reason is as follows: hunting ducks with waders on, I ended up in the water as I chased a 'cripple' and my foot stepped into a depression in an otherwise hard and flat bottom of the lake. Although the shotgun itself did not get wet, 'moist' shells eventually ended up in the magazine. I think I did a pretty good job spraying inside of the magazine with water-removing lubricant (after depressing the spring full-distance) but still I would like a follow-up to make sure any moisture has been completely removed.

Can't you take the mag. cap off, take the plug and and spring out and get to it from that way?

Not so easy ...

Duggan may be right - I tried to unscrew top of the magazine with reasonable force (I did not go all the way...) but it would not let go. This is not the easy 'M2' cover shown in the manual... The piece containing threaded stud (which receives cap holding forearm in place) is understandably fastened to the mag in a sturdy manner. Not wanting to scratch the flattened sides, I think I will look for a fixed-width wrench, put some masking tape on the inside and try my luck ....

Anyhow, thank you both for the responses!

...why do you want to clean the inside of your magazine tube? Did something get inside of it that needs to be cleaned out?

I've been cleaning the inside of the mag tubes for as long as I've owned guns. This area can be critical to the proper functioning of any gun that feeds from a tubular magazine. I use a 10 gauge bore brush + steel wool + metal polish to keep that tube clean and free of any hang-ups.

Leaking buffer is my mag tube enemy #1 :mad:

That insert cap is most likely held in place with Lock-tite, but I'd check with Benelli CS or a GS that works on Benellis.

Hmm, interesting ... I've never really gone out my way to clean mine. When I swap out springs or change tubes I spray some CLP and oogle over the inside just because I'm a perfectionist, but I've never had it get dirty or in "need" or maintentence.

Then again, I imagine it might be different if you are wading through swamps and some of the other crazy **** that you guys do.