One piece tube

Adam2340

I am also looking for an M4 extension tube. Can you really get 7+1 of 2 3/4 inch shells in this tube? Are the factory tubes available anywhere? If not what are the best alternatives?

Thanks!

Yes, you really can.

Factory tubes are mediocre and rare, Dave's Metal Works makes a decent cheap one, SOCOMguy and Carriercomp make high end ones.

Go up to the "search" function up top and type in "m4 full length tubes" if you want more detail.

Thanks Duggan:

I am new to the world of tactical shotguns. Is it OK to replace the four shell tube with one that holds seven; I have seen many for sale like the TacStar +2. My M4 has a standard stock (not collapsible) with a pistol grip. Can I use either of these extensions and stay legal?

By the way I live in California.

Thanks again!

My M4 has a standard stock (not collapsible) with a pistol grip. Can I use either of these extensions and stay legal?
Id contact the local ATF agent for your area (you should have one). I seem to recall, within California, it could be considered a no-no to have a mag extension (or anything increasing the original capacity) installed on a shotgun equipped with a pistol grip (regardless of whether or not its attached to a stock). From what I understand, it should be ok to have one or the other, just not both at the same time.

But, Im not from CA, so dont quote me on this. Id just check on this one.

Edited by shotgunNoob

Thanks but from what I've heard, ATF always says "no you can't" or gives a vague unresponsive answer leaving you right where you started; not knowing.

I was hoping someone one this site might have already researched this to its end and could save me the trouble.

I am taking Duggans advice and searching previous posts on this subject. But if anyone has a definitive factual answer I would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks but from what I've heard, ATF always says "no you can't" or gives a vague unresponsive answer leaving you right where you started; not knowing.

Good point. Try the links below. Im sure you will find a much higher member volume within these particular forums as this one is more "specific." Thus, this might expedite your search for answers.

If I were you, Id think about joining both forums (if you havent already) and posting your question(s) regarding this issue vs merely doing a search. You should soon have the answers you seek.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/

http://www.thehighroad.org/index.php