SBE 1 stuck open?

huthut

I have a SBE 1 and have had no problems at all with it in the last 4 years. Then recently I was shooting and suddenly it got stuck open. I have been unable to get it apart to see what is wrong. I am sure this is not the first time this has happened so hopefully someone out there can give me some insight in to my problem.:confused:

thanks

I suspect that the cartridge drop mechanism has broken of gotten out of sorts. Can you see inside the receiver to confirm that the lever isn't causing the jam?

Have you tried pulling the stock off and removing the recoil spring tube?

Have you tried removing the trigger group?

Remove the recoil pad, the use a metric socket to remove the nut. 13mm I believe. Pay attention to the locking plate and shims, as you'll want to put them back the same way they come out.

Then you'll need to heat the stud on the end of the recoil tube assy. and unscrew the stud to relieve the spring pressure.

It doesn't sound like you're very familiar with your gun.

You may want to take it to a smith.

My SBE II wil occasionally hang open when unloading. Make sure the bolt is locked in the open position or hold it there. Then put your finger in the underside of the reciever and push up on the shell carrier and press outward on the magazine cartridge drop lever inside the side of the reciever. Sometimes the drop lever isnt completely out of the way when the shell carrier tries to come back down and they hang on each other.

now that the recoil spring is loose I would think now would be the time to try and pull the trigger group out of the bottom. That recoil spring to me is your biggest force and so if you take that off all of the other pieces shouldn't be under much tension anymore so it should come apart easier.