Mark-up, cost, retail question

jed1894

Does anyone know the mark-up (profit margin) of Benelli firearms through a authorized Benelli dealer? Do all dealers get the same price from Benelli? I guess another way to ask, is how much profit does a dealer make when selling a Benelli firearm?

I will find out tomorrow, when I go to a sale, but I thought I'd ask to see how far off it would be. I would guess about $150????

thanks, jed

Does anyone know the mark-up (profit margin) of Benelli firearms through a authorized Benelli dealer? Do all dealers get the same price from Benelli? I guess another way to ask, is how much profit does a dealer make when selling a Benelli firearm?

I will find out tomorrow, when I go to a sale, but I thought I'd ask to see how far off it would be. I would guess about $150????

thanks, jed

Dealer-cost on an M4 barrel. is around $530. Retail is around 8-900 or so. That is about all I am sure of.

True authorized Benelli dealers have to buy X amount of inventory and with most guns Benelli sets a MAP (minimum advertised price) with parts it's a little different. With that being said the MAP by no means dictates what kind of a deal you can get either way.

I have seen a dealer price list and on most guns it's around a $150-275 profit margin.

True authorized Benelli dealers have to buy X amount of inventory and with most guns Benelli sets a MAP (minimum advertised price) with parts it's a little different. With that being said the MAP by no means dictates what kind of a deal you can get either way.

I have seen a dealer price list and on most guns it's around a $150-275 profit margin.

From what I recall, Benelli's forced order-size is rather large as well.

Yep, that's I figured as well. A Benelli gun dealer told me the exact same thing.

Thanks all who responded.

jed

From what I recall, Benelli's forced order-size is rather large as well.

Yep, And I heard all about it when I was searching for a not green M4 earlier this year. The places that carried Benelli's simply said "sorry we don't have one" and I called another.

But one that wasn't a Benelli dealer seemed to take their pain out on me.

"You know how much I have to buy to carry Benelli's **** no I ain't got a Benelli M whatever you said."