O.T. > What Rations or Long Storable Food are we collecting???

M4JOHN

I sold my house a year and a half ago, exactly one day before real estate tanked in the neighborhood (the next day three neighboring houses went up for sale and two of them were through relocation companies. Prices dropped a $100K overnight). I'm in an apartment now still looking for a house. Financially its a great position to be in but I have to confess about being nervous in the apartment. I'd rather have a house right now. Easier to defend and easier to stockpile supplies. I keep wondering how to cope with an extended power failure in an apartment. Not many auxiliary heating options and the thought of frozen, burst water pipes keeps me up at night. I've already had two water leaks from upstairs tenants during the summer.

Any suggestions for temporary apartment dwellers?

there are many very quiet/portable generators in the small 3000 kw range that will power up any heater or small portable a/c 110v unit. running on avg between 400-600$ online. lg enough to cool or heat 1 rm and thats about all you need temp wise. water pipes i cant help you with except for what and how to properly store emergency water. or as i like to call it, " mad max water storage"!! i too sold my crib in CRAZIFORNIA 3 yrs ago before the crash and rented for a yr. then moved to texas and bought the same size/ good neighborhooded house for 1/3 the price!!:) now im contemplating digging a big a$$ underground bunker in my back yard!!:D

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing Skeet...(PM me) maybe you could lead me into a few nice cities, on the outskirts of ,say Austin or Dallas… or any other places you believe are “Nice areas” that you would live. I to want to move for the same reasons I believe you did… the problem is convincing the wife and her folks……

i do have to say, TEXAS ROCKS!!!!! weapon wise, EVERYTHING is legal here!! even bazooka's!!!:) also the economy here is one of the strongest in the U.S. and you cant beat the schools as well!! my family and i love it here in north texas. thank GOD we got out of that DUMBA$$ state just before it imploded!! way to go DEMOTARDS!!!! ill Pm you my #, its easier than typing "war and peace"!!:D TS