M1 Super 90 tactical problem cycling

Recon_SBR556

This is an H&K import with pistol grip stock, 8 round tube, choke tubes and a side saddle. I purchased this used, and it is fairly great shape.

But it is having issues cycling, low brass as well as heavy loads. I moved the side saddle off the receiver and attached it to the stock. This seems to have cured the heavy load issue but still have trouble with light loads. I want to add a tactical light to the forearm, but I fear I am going to run into more issues with cycling.

Any ideas on how to get this pup to run like a top dog.

side saddles cause problems on semi autos,,its always tighten too tight and the bolt can't go along the rails,,,if your still having problems cycling and you've had a side saddle on there,,damage may already been done,,,if you want more ammo go with a elastic 6 round stock cuff,,lights are cool,,won't hurt nothin,,some extra weight on an m1 super 90 is fine,,just think about how it will effect the guns perfomance first,,seeya stay safe.

• 2 months later...

I am an embarrassed owner of an m1 super 90. This gun is a piece of junk. I wanted this gun for years, my family pitched in and got it for me for Christmas. This pile of junk will only fire high power loads. i complained to the dealer and to benelli. i sent the gun back and benelli kept it for an extended period. When i finally got it back....I was told "you have to fire 1 1/4 oz loads. This is crap. i have spent more money on ammo trying to break-in this junk shotgun the i spent on the gun itself (1400.00) Benelli keeps giving me the run around and won't let me talk to anyone higher up then thier customer service people. These 1 1/4 oz load are so heavy ....you can fire 5-6 rounds then you have to put the shotgun down because it hurts so much......anyone else with the same problem?????

I occasionally had light load problems with some of my M1's. I installed a SureCycle recoil spring/tube in one and never had the problem again. I now have them in all my M1's.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1422/Product/SURE_CYCLE

Big Daddy, I'll gladly take that piece of junk off your hands. I have 5 of the POJ's and wouldn't trade them for any other semi-auto, including Benelli M2's or any of the other newer B's. I've put untold thousands of rounds through two of them in skeet, pheasant hunts, and practical matches and NOTHING has even broken on either of them. I got the others for back-up but have never needed them. I have an older SBE that I used to take on pheasant hunts but it hasn't been shot in the last 5 years.

As for recoil, it's a light gun that's recoil operated. It's going to kick more than a gas operated system. It that's a deal breaker, get a gas gun.

Edited by truckcop

I am an embarrassed owner of an m1 super 90. This gun is a piece of junk. I wanted this gun for years, my family pitched in and got it for me for Christmas. This pile of junk will only fire high power loads. i complained to the dealer and to benelli. i sent the gun back and benelli kept it for an extended period. When i finally got it back....I was told "you have to fire 1 1/4 oz loads. This is crap. i have spent more money on ammo trying to break-in this junk shotgun the i spent on the gun itself (1400.00) Benelli keeps giving me the run around and won't let me talk to anyone higher up then thier customer service people. These 1 1/4 oz load are so heavy ....you can fire 5-6 rounds then you have to put the shotgun down because it hurts so much......anyone else with the same problem?????

You paid $1400 for an M1S90? Wow! You do know that Benelli hasn't produced this gun since 2004 right? How do you explain that? Your post sounds very troll-like to me.