BigHat has not made any friends yet

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd
My profile says that my friendlist is emty. I did not notice this until this thread, this made me sad.:(

Don't feel bad. My 1st friend had like 2 posts over a year ago and he never came back to the forum. Cruel world.

Never came looking for allies in my dealings with Kip and no plans to start now. Nothing I can say to some of you that I've had disagreements with in the past would matter. It's just gonna stay that way I guess.

So what's the scoop? Am I'm expected to stop by every now and then to trash Kip to keep you guys fired up? If a month goes by without a comment by me on CarrierComp, is Kip or someone else is going to "page me" to come back and argue by starting other threads like this one?

And I'm the drunk, mean poster? I was asleep (and sober) for about four hours when the OP kicked this off and many of you chimed in. I respect that a lot of you choose to hang here a lot more than I do, but this isn't a social networking site for me, and having a few beers and reading/posting about a shotgun isn't at the top of my list of things to do.

Kip, starting a thread asserting I have no "friends" could easily be missed as an attempt to extend an olive branch. C'mon, if you meant it you'd have probably called or emailed me. If you feel that you're so right about all this and I'm so wrong (kinda doubt you do) wouldn't you be pleased by my absence of posts on your business practices? Why would you want to respark this? You're the guy trying to sell a product, not me.

I stand by what I've said on the topic. Funny, those of you claiming to know the truth, the entire story, have never asked me about it. Sounds like you've accepted Kip's version. That's cool, don't really care who aligns with whom. Never been a contest for me. Those that disagree are very much entitled to do so. There's really no new information for me to add to the subject.

Edited by BigHat

So what's the scoop? Am I'm expected to stop by every now and then to trash Kip to keep you guys fired up? If a month goes by without a comment by me on CarrierComp, is Kip or someone else is going to "page me" to come back and argue by starting other threads like this one?

And I'm the drunk, mean poster? I was asleep (and sober) for about four hours when the OP kicked this off and many of you chimed in.

I don't know much about all the rest of it, and I don't really care.

But that right there seems to be one solid observation.

Guest cleefurd

Funny, those of you claiming to know the truth, the entire story, have never asked me about it. Sounds like you've accepted Kip's version.

Enlighten us in the open BigHat. "Kip's version" simply can't exist if I don't know what the heck you are eluding to. You encourage others to ask you, while keeping the "travesty" confidential. That hardly seems fair.... or honest. Anyone can make up a "lie" about some mysterious transgression to validate being honery.

Prior to your claim that I told you a "lie" on the phone, this was truly nothing more than good natured fun. Roll with it.:D

Soon, we may build a non-fire with all these olive branches. Who's bringing the marshmallows???

Guest cleefurd

BTW... If BigHat has ever shared this mysterious "lie" with anyone else, please enlighten us HERE (no PM necessary). I would surely like to know what the heck he is talking about. He has never mentioned it to me (aside from the vague claim in open forum), and that is the TRUTH.

Edited by cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

Kip, starting a thread asserting I have no "friends" could easily be missed as an attempt to extend an olive branch. C'mon, if you meant it you'd have probably called or emailed me.

Hey Matt. Would a free picatinny rail resemble an olive branch? (actions speak louder...)

BTW the olive branch should NOT be mis-construed as atonement for any lies you claim I told, rather, it is just my way of turning the other cheek.

(850) 516-1901

Edited by cleefurd

I think at this point this has become an issue of someone arguing with someone who has no interest in continuing the discussion.

The silly cartoons are doing no good at best, and are counterproductive at worst.

We have two grown and capable adults who happen be at odds.

The issue should be either settled privately via PM or left to die as is.

This public spectacle is not helping either one's standing or reputation in my eyes.

Guest cleefurd

I PM'd BigHat for details on the "fib" he invited folks to the dark side of the playground to whisper about... never heard back. No one came forward to reveal what he would have concocted either, so I'm left to presume it was idle chatter, meant to rile as opposed to sabotage. So long as he side-steps pencil-whippin a fictitious corroboration of his half-cocked accusation, I'm good to go, over it.

Hope everyone's enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. We board up the windows in Pensacola this particular Holiday (P'Cola beach is Gay Pride Central every year on Mem Day) so don't say I didn't warn ya. July 4th is good to go for beach lovers. Call me if you ever want a shop tour.

Later.

All quiet on the Southern front Kip. Got about a dozen flags proudly displayed at my condo entrance/exit with beautiful lighting in the evening. Instructed our Pakistani security guard that if any of those flags moved or get blown out of position because of any wind, he is to place them back in proper position immediately. Better yet, call me.

Have a good holiday and watch your six... literally. :D