M1014 value

rxvault

My dad bought a Benelli M1014 with the US Flag on the receiver years ago. It's been used very little, a 'safe queen' I guess you can call it. He tells me it's probably worth some good money because they are 'limited edition' and it has this teloscopic stock. He told me to see if I can find out what they are worth, figured here would be the best place to start!

Any idea?

if you check past auctions on gun broker the average is around $2000-2200 for final sale values on used guns.

I paid $2200 shipped in Novemeber '10

Daniel, was yours the #776 of 2500 on gunbroker? Ours identical to that one, except no flash light.

I saw there was one that sold for $1200 on there! Does the serial number have a great influence on the value? Obviously #1 is most valuable, but say, 500-1000 or 1500-2000, does it make that big of a difference?

My dad's is 2460. Damned near the end!

I'd let it sit on gunbroker for 1999.95. You can try higher and see if you get any bites, but I doubt it. I wouldn't sell right now. I would wait until the collapsible stock market rises again and inflates your items value.

The serial number does hold some value. Since this is an end of the line production unit, not so much.

gunbroker? how many guns sit on there for months on end with unrealistic pricing? http://www.pooshka.com/gun-value.php?poo_model_id=12401 - I think the item you have for sale might be of interest to some but two grand would be

pushing it - as seen by some of the wts here on the forum no

one is jumping at the prices asked for. I think it all comes down to two things - how much does a person want something and how much does a person want to really get rid of a thing.

now that you have been told 2 grand its going to be real hard to sell it for 1600. lol

but good luck with your sale and perhaps you will find that guy who really has to have it NOW.

Edited by Vague

There's one thats been on the EE on ar15.com for months. Its got a tube extension, mesa shell holder, enlarged bolt release (not sure what brands), a few hundred rounds through it, 2nd owner, and he was asking $1850. Still not sold AFAIK

I tried posting the link here but can't due to low post count. Google "site:ar15.com beneli" and yes "beneli" is intentionally misspelled in the title (might be why nobody can find it).

EDIT - My bad, its not an actual M1014, just an M4 with the collapsible stock. NEVERMIND

Edited by jpcdmd

Finding the right buyer is always the difficult position. Example, I sold my used FN PS90 with 6 mags and a rail for 2400$ on gunbroker. There were others just like it on the site at the time. Except brand new for 1500.

I thought it was a Nigerian scam or something. However, the cash cleared and he got his prize.

Price the item according to how fast you need to move it. Take high quality photos as well.

StrangerDanger, sounds about right to me. What about selling it at a Gun Show?

Probably bad advice for someone who doesn't know how much their gun is worth.. you'll get some low ball offers too... but you might find an individual or collector willing to pay you reasonably close to what you want.

Gun shows are usually a miss. The only gold plated items are their own. A dealer will low ball you big time. They'd offer you 1200 - 1300 at the most.

I think gunbroker would be the best option. It costs nothing to list and you can leave it up forever. I don't see the m1014 as being very collectable at the current time. Most buy the M4 to shoot, not to be a safe queen.

Another solution is to wait until carriercomp releases his hammer and disconnector. Then add the titanium tube and his follower. Then replace the recoil tube with a functional one so the stock actually works. Then you could sell a 922 compliant M4 for a premium. Many would rather buy an already modified weapon rather than do the work themselves.

I think listing it for 2000 would be the best move. See if you get any bites in a month or so. Keep an eye on how many users are watching the auction. If it doesn't sell, drop it a 100$.

Daniel, was yours the #776 of 2500 on gunbroker? Ours identical to that one, except no flash light.

I saw there was one that sold for $1200 on there! Does the serial number have a great influence on the value? Obviously #1 is most valuable, but say, 500-1000 or 1500-2000, does it make that big of a difference?

My dad's is 2460. Damned near the end!

#0581 ... its expired on GB