Vinci cycling issue

dxcman12

So I got a new Vinci a month ago and LOVE the gun. I have been using is for trap and skeet mainly and it really fits me well. I am pretty anal about keeping my guns clean and clean it almost every time i shoot. I have put about 500 rounds through it (7-1/2 shot) and this week it stopped locking open after the last spent shell. It will cycle doubles fine and ejects perfectly but it will not lock open after last shell. I striped it down and cleaned the piss out of it, but it still has the same issue.

Thoughts?

So I got a new Vinci a month ago and LOVE the gun. I have been using is for trap and skeet mainly and it really fits me well. I am pretty anal about keeping my guns clean and clean it almost every time i shoot. I have put about 500 rounds through it (7-1/2 shot) and this week it stopped locking open after the last spent shell. It will cycle doubles fine and ejects perfectly but it will not lock open after last shell. I striped it down and cleaned the piss out of it, but it still has the same issue.

Thoughts?

Have you been shooting the same ammo or have you changed what you have been shooting? The manual says to shoot 1-1/8 oz loads. I am able to cycle 1oz loads through my Vinci, but I think I just got lucky, not all Vinci's will cycle 1oz loads.

I'd suggest you check your ammo first.

I tried different ammo and the rounds i was shooting last week were 1-1/8 loads 1200fps 7 1/2. Again it cycled fine just the bolt didn't lock back after last spent round. it has worked like a dream with these same loads up till now. That's why it is confusing me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

So i got some handicap loads that shoot at 1330 fps and still the same .. cycles the round, but on the last shell the breech will not lock back into place.

When I bought the gun the first 400 rounds it worked fine. I've now got almost 1000 in it so it should be good and broke in. I guess I'll have to send it in to get fixed... thanks for the help.

Is there something I'm missing here? I don't read that the OP is having cycling issues, rather that the bolt doesn't lock after the last round. Sounds to me like there is something wrong with the carrier latch. Can you manually lock the bolt back? If not maybe there is some crud in there keeping it from locking back or maybe the latch itself is the problem.

Is it possible that it would be cycling rounds just fine but not have enough oompf to lock the bolt back? Doesn't seem like that would be the case.:confused: Have you called Benelli?

Your correct that it is not really a cycling issue, but more of an issue of the bolt not locking back. I went out this week and shot some hunting loads through it and it still is doing the same thing. I called Benelli and they opened an RA for me. They are going to take a look at it. I was impressed with the customer service guy, he was real decent to work with.

I still love the gun and once it gets sorted out I'll be happier than a pig in muck..

Thanks for the input y'all.

• 3 weeks later...

Benelli got the gun fixed it and had it back in about a week. So total about a week and a half from the time I sent it to them. Put 300 rounds through it and works like a champ..

Great Customer Service. Thanks Benelli!!