SBE II Bolt Group Problem

rothie097

I have a SBE II Apg Camo 26". I just bought it and this is my first time disassembling it. Ok so here is the problem, the bolt locking head will not come out when disassembling the bolt group. I remove the bolt group from receiver, and then remove the firing pin retaining pin, while holding the firing pin and firing pin spring. Then I remove the firing pin and firing pin spring. Then I take out the locking head pin. Then I try and remove the bolt locking head and it will not come out! In the directions it says it should come out after those steps. Maybe Im reading them wrong and missing a step or something. PLEASE HELP!

Relax, you are doing fine. If you have already removed the firing pin retainer pin & the firing pin with spring, the locking head pin (cam pin) should be free to be removed. Turn the bolt upside down and cycle the chrome locking head in & out of the bolt a few times to loosen up the pin. The pin should drop out as do this.

Edited by leid