daydreams and moonbeans about the H2O - opinions please

Vague

The looks - I am wondering if it would be feasable to take a regular M4

and take it apart and have the barrel done up by some company to its chromed out - marine finish - what ever the H2O has - and thus basically do what benelli has done with this - revamped m4. I can't imagine that the cost would be all that much and would be alot cheaper than buying the H20 and the wait would not be so long doing the project - I mean its going to still act like a shotgun as an end result.

okay so that's my opinion - what's yours

thanks

also I saw a picture of someone selling a benelli nova for I think 700 - and it was done up like the H20 - has the nova always

been like that or is this something new ? --

Edited by Vague

I considered doing this before the H20 came out. WMD Guns will put Nickel Boron on it which may even be better than the NP3. However, there are a few parts I'm not sure if they can be removed. Such as the ejector that is riveted in place. I've never removed the rear sight either, it looks like a PITA. Also small parts like the detent and spring in the barrel that ratchet the magazine cap might give you grief.

On the benefit side, you would get the job done much cheaper than the premium the H20's run for. Another approach is to just send portions of the weapon in to have finished. I never really cared much for the grey external finish of the H20, I just wanted the lubrication properties and cleaning benefits. WMD guns has a service where they will paint the exterior whatever color you want.

It might be worth calling them and talk to one of their reps to see how feasible the job is.

I considered doing this before the H20 came out. WMD Guns will put Nickel Boron on it which may even be better than the NP3.
Both have their advantages, NB being brighter is the most significant down side I have observed

However, there are a few parts I'm not sure if they can be removed. Such as the ejector that is riveted in place. I've never removed the rear sight either, it looks like a PITA.

It is... the rear sight's screws are staked as you may have observed. They can be re-used, but are awkward to insert once removed, and never as secure unless secured with thread-locker.

Also small parts like the detent and spring in the barrel that ratchet the magazine cap might give you grief.

The specific applicator will vary on opinions here.

On the benefit side, you would get the job done much cheaper than the premium the H20's run for. Another approach is to just send portions of the weapon in to have finished. I never really cared much for the grey external finish of the H20, I just wanted the lubrication properties and cleaning benefits. WMD guns has a service where they will paint the exterior whatever color you want.

It might be worth calling them and talk to one of their reps to see how feasible the job is.

Stranger Danger said it well!

For my money, the OEM parkerizing and anodizing are pinache, adequate, proven. The tube (bore) and other sundries are chrome lined (or plated), and all else is burnished or otherwise satisfactory for my armory's liking. The "H2O" rendition is an admirable marketing jolt, perhaps a tad easier to clean, and cleaning is cheaper than the status upgrade, and far more effective at maintenance, than any $ spent elsewhere.

Lastly, what does not shine, does not betray. Keep it in the black, and let the 3-gunners put glitter on their coats.:p

The looks - I am wondering if it would be feasable to take a regular M4

and take it apart and have the barrel done up by some company to its chromed out - marine finish - what ever the H2O has - and thus basically do what benelli has done with this - revamped m4. I can't imagine that the cost would be all that much and would be alot cheaper than buying the H20 and the wait would not be so long doing the project - I mean its going to still act like a shotgun as an end result.

My local Benelli dealer had taken a few standard M4 and sent them to Robar for their NP3 coating before the H2O ever existed, they still have one on the shelf and have sold a couple like this.

As far as the M4 H2O costing more than taking a standard M4 and having it coated, I disagree. By the time you take a standard M4, coat it with Robar's NP3, add the collapsible stock and the expanded tube, you'll spend far more than the cost of the M4 H2O. Just the cost of the M4 and having it coated with NP3 yourself by Robar will cost you more than I paid for my M4 H2O.