Range Report FIRST Outing with M4

Amsdorf

I picked up my M4 from my FFL around noon today and headed out to my gun club (Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club in the St. Louis, MO USA area). I took the unassembled M4 to our club house and carefully followed the instructions for putting it together and then took it out to the largest combat pit we have.

Per the advice of members here, I picked up 75 rounds of 00 Buck to break it in with. I chose Remington Express Magnum Buckshot, 3" 00 Buck, 15 pellets, 1225 FPS. I put them all through the shotgun, then put 50 rounds of Winchester Super-X-3 3" #1 Buck 24 pellets, 1040FPS through the M4

Not a single fail to feed or fail to extract.

The M4 performed flawlessly. It is incredibly fun to shoot.

I'm a happy camper.

Edited by Amsdorf

I'm in love...totally. Where has this thing been all my life? I'm glad I have my Remington 870, because a pump shotgun is fun, very practical, and, well, cheap but.....

Wow....

I woke up this morning smiling.

I'm going to post a video of the outing and let you enjoy my first adventure with it.

Its pretty easy, search youtube for benelli m4 ghost loading to see a quick demo. For me and my gun, the trick is once you've pushed the ghost round down on the carrier, you have to push it back as far as you can. Otherwise, after firing the first shot, the bolt gets hung up on the floating round and you have to manually push up on the carrier to chamber the round. It seems to be getting looser with time and use though

Edited by frigatecon

Thanks, just checked the procedure out and was able to do it. I made a high quality video showing the procedure, the YouTube videos I found on it weren't cutting it for me. Should have it up in thirty minutes, I'm uploading it now.

Will put a note on it about making sure the shell is pushed all the way back on the carrier.

Thanks, just checked the procedure out and was able to do it. I made a high quality video showing the procedure, the YouTube videos I found on it weren't cutting it for me. Should have it up in thirty minutes, I'm uploading it now.

Will put a note on it about making sure the shell is pushed all the way back on the carrier.

I would appreciate a better video! Did you have similar issues with the bolt not closing after firing the first round if you just dropped the extra round on the carrier without pushing it back? I'm not sure if I am the only one noticing this or if it is pretty standard.