Benelli M4 -- Receiver Extension Disassembly Tool

StrangerDanger

For those of you who whom have attempted to disassemble the receiver extension on your Benelli M4, you've probably encountered the oddly shaped face of the stock attachment screw.

I finally found a tool that fits this stock attachment screw perfectly in my Brownells MAGNA-TIP® PROFESSIONAL SUPER SET.

p_080430625_1.jpg

You can buy the bit by itself if needed here:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=492/Product/MAGNA-TIP-reg-WINDAGE-CLAMP-SCREW-BITS

That tip will work in a pinch, but the first time removing the screw, it is very tight, so a heat gun and a well-fitted screwdriver tip is ideal. The magna-tip edge is beveled backwards for the beveled slots in the screw. A square driver allows complete contact with the screw slot engagement.

Here's another plan to consider....

Screenshot2012-06-28at72448AM.png

Screenshot2012-06-28at73133AM.png

The spade style works nicely when you have attended to details of fitting.

Screenshot2012-06-28at75558PM.png

My preferred tool for the job is this one I fabricated; it fits the square slots and the circular base fits flush / square on the retaining nut to absolutely prevent any slippage that might mar the screw slots.

Screenshot2012-06-28at74536AM.png

Edited by benelliwerkes