USPS money order

OrangeMarine

Has anyone used an USPS money order? how do they work? are they pretty secure? how would you ensure that the seller actually sends your item and not just take the money? any suggestions? im buying a benelli m4 from a seller in FL and all they want is money order or cashiers check.

Has anyone used an USPS money order? how do they work? are they pretty secure? how would you ensure that the seller actually sends your item and not just take the money? any suggestions? im buying a benelli m4 from a seller in FL and all they want is money order or cashiers check.

If they don't, it becomes interstate firearm fraud/theft, etc.

You save your communications.

You place a tracking/delivery confirmation number on it.

The USPS money-order's largest amount is $1K, you may need more than one.

They can confirm that it has been cashed, 3 months afterward, I think it is.

LE takes fraud very seriously when it involves a firearm.

Always use Priority mail. Always use delivery confirmation. Always look into the seller's past history, if available.

Edited by Unobtanium

+1

I don't know that anyone wants all the alphabet soup agencies on them.....FBI (interstate commerce), USPS (postal fraud), BATFE (firearms), etc....I'd think it's fine. I've done the same type purchase before. In fact, I'd suggest USPS money orders over anything else just so you could be sure to include one more federal agency if you had to.

Don't mail it via regular mail. Send it signature required registered mail and ask for delivery confirmation.

I also ask the seller to send me a picture of their driver's license for added security.

yes,the signature confirmation costs under $3,and the register confirmation costs around $12.