New M4 Owner

bhunted

Sight I took off since pic.. was a cheap RDS... didn't want to deal with it as it is mainly HD... Side saddle you got right. Mesa 8 shell holder. While we are at it. Also added a BLAM4 Mount and Streamlight M6 Light/Laster onto the BLAM4...

2 or 3 point convertible Spector Gear sling...

Looking to add the tritium night sights and oversized FFT Titanium Charging Handle....

Only thing I hate is that Old Sci_Fi looking mag extension block/tube they use. Can't justify a titanium one right now. Too much money...

:)

Great setup and welcome! I know a few of us have the FFT handles in both steel and titanium and really like them.

Out of curiosity can you get a magazine extension or full length tube in NJ as a private citizen, i.e. non-law enforcement, just resident with NJ a firearms purchaser ID card?

Or are you looking to simply replace the crimped limiter with another limiter that is less "sci-fi"? I guess this is answered based on the above.

By the way not looking to ascertain or provide any legal advice. Just curious what the deal is with 7 round capacity in NJ currently.

*** I'm also a former NJ resident now back in PA where I grew up. Just hoping to help a fellow M4 owner out with the best possible info.

Edited by jsn124
More info to clarify questions.

Thanks for the review... Other than wasting money, I don't feel they are bad. I do wish Trijicon made them, (or o they, I forget)... But I have Trijicons on quite a few on my weapons and really like them. Guess it depends on he individual. Only as a backup anyway in case flashlight fails.

You have a link on the Kips? Did a search and no go...

I did a review of the tritium sights right here.

IMHO Kips hybrid bolt handle is the one to get.

NJ is 6+1 on semis till they fig something else to screw us out of. Effectively, I can float one for 7... FFT makes a full length 5+1 in titanium but not cheap. Other than reduce weight and bring you closer to 922r, it's not worth it because NJ could care less about 922r as far as I can tell. I can get the tube as long as it follows the 6+1.... No cards needed... Appreciate the help... :) Yes, the crimped limiter looks terrible on such a fine weapon.

As it stands, I want to maintain a Zero Tool policy for the M4 and o far so good in hat dept. I love breaking it down with no tools. ;)

Great setup and welcome! I know a few of us have the FFT handles in both steel and titanium and really like them.

Out of curiosity can you get a magazine extension or full length tube in NJ as a private citizen, i.e. non-law enforcement, just resident with NJ a firearms purchaser ID card?

Or are you looking to simply replace the crimped limiter with another limiter that is less "sci-fi"? I guess this is answered based on the above.

By the way not looking to ascertain or provide any legal advice. Just curious what the deal is with 7 round capacity in NJ currently.

*** I'm also a former NJ resident now back in PA where I grew up. Just hoping to help a fellow M4 owner out with the best possible info.