Stock with pistol grip to New York

Atlpresa

I'm sure you're looking for a concise yes or no which I can't give but you might check out http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq.

If you look up information on banned weapons and features it explicitly mentions the M2-tactical as an assault weapon requiring registration. Yet no mention of the M4.

Further, "banned features" for shotguns include those that are semi-automatic and one or more of the following:

• Folding or Telescoping Stock
  • Thumbhole Stock
  • Second handgrip or protruding grip that can be held by a non-shooting hand
  • Fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven (7) rounds
  • An ability to accept a detachable magazine

From the list of features it would appear that a fixed stock with a pistol grip is not a feature that would categorize it as an assault weapon. But then again the M2 is categorized as an assault weapon?

I didn't read into the details of the SAFE act but I'm guessing the act gives NY law enforcement the latitude to include whatever firearms they want to include at any point in time even if it is not explicitly listed as long as it looks "military" enough.

If it were me I wouldn't ship it to NY state but that's me.

There's not a damn thing the Governor and/or State of NY can do about an individual selling and shipping a perfectly-legal-where-you-live pistol grip stock, magazine, etc to someone in their state. The responsibility lies entirely with the buyer.

That said, I probably wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want to feel any responsibility for someone else's possible arrest.