Benelli M4 Recoil Pad Removal

Greglorious

Greetings. I'm resorting to the collective knowledge of this forum to understand how I might remove a factory recoil pad from my model 11707 (fixed stock). I didn't locate instructions on YouTube, the Benelli M4 Manual, Benelli's FAQs, or via general Internet searches. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

They're screwed on. You should find two small holes in the top and bottom of the rear of the recoil pad. Phillips head screws. Put a dab of oil or vaseline on the tip of the screwdriver to get it in the small hole. Unless you're changing the pad, no reason to take it off since the stock comes off without taking the pad off, unlike M2, M1, etc. If you do it too much you run the risk of blowing out the screw holes in the stock since it's plastic and easily overtorqued.

Thank you Truckcop. I appreciate the tip. I'm removing the factory pad to replace it with another more desirable pad. How do I go about locating the screw heads? You mentioned the need to lubricate the screwdriver head so I realize I need to go through the pad itself. I'm just not sure where to target and I'd rather not butcher the pad with unnecessary stabs. Pictures, diagram, x-y coordinates, or some other frame of reference would be appreciated. Again thank you!

I am wanting to do the same thing to my M4. I have seen a lot of different pads that I like for other benelli models but didnt think they would fit? Can all of the benelli pads fit any benelli model? If you don't mind me asking what pad are you replacing it with and what different pads will fit because I haven't been able to find any specifically for the M4. Are you using a different pad from a different model?

thanks for the help

Info/pics here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/31598-Benelli-M4-Recoil-Pad?p=174648#post174648

Here's a pic of the holes. They're already there. Stick a medium phillips head in. You have to engage the screw head by feel but they're about an inch inside. Don't try to take the screws out of the pad. Just unscrew them and the pad starts coming off.

BenelliRecoilPads-3_zps5c7b57e3.jpg

Edited by truckcop

Info/pics here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php/31598-Benelli-M4-Recoil-Pad?p=174648#post174648

Here's a pic of the holes. They're already there. Stick a medium phillips head in. You have to engage the screw head by feel but they're about an inch inside. Don't try to take the screws out of the pad. Just unscrew them and the pad starts coming off.

BenelliRecoilPads-3_zps5c7b57e3.jpg

Thank you yet again. Your specificity is quite welcome!

good luck backing the screws out of the rubber pad if you're re-using them :p

They actually come out easily. A drop of oil in the hole and they'll just push through. It is rubber(or some chemically made version thereof), after all. Putting them back in will kind of bugger up the edges of the holes though.

They actually come out easily. A drop of oil in the hole and they'll just push through. It is rubber(or some chemically made version thereof), after all. Putting them back in will kind of bugger up the edges of the holes though.

yeah, they're just sharp and pointy and I have limited tools! it's not really a big deal didn't mean to scare anyone :)