Transfer of ownership?

DeadlyBenelli

I have a guy that wants to by my Nova. But I have a hard time selling a gun to someone when the gun is registered in my name, especially to someone that I don't know.

Is there paperwork or something that can be filled out and sent in and can I find the documents on the net and print them off?

Any help is appreciated.

Just remembered something along these lines. I bought a revolver from a newspaper add several years ago. The guy that sold it to me asked for my drivers license and wrote down the info there. He was the registered purchaser but now has record of who bought it from him. Might be easier than trying to get that form (if it's even the right one) from the ATF.

Hey Deadly,

As long as you don't live in an outright Communist state such as California, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jeresy, etc., I would not worry so much about it. Simply sit down and draw up a short bill of sale with both your names on it and maybe get info of his drivers license. I think that would work fine.

To my knowledge, if you bought the Nova in Utah, they do not keep your informantion on file after a relatively short time (as required by law).

Come on Maryland is bad but not even close to CA,NJ, or MA. Watching the video for first time purchase of a regulated firearm is a hassle. (but some morons SHOULD watch it) The fact that the state police annually rejects 98% of all CCW permits is lame. Other than that we're good to go. We can own class III weapons! (select fire, suppressors, etc.) About the inital question we've all heard of the "gun show" loophole. Even then if its a non-regulated firearm they must do a NICS check. Whenever you buy a shotgun (given its non-regulated) at a store they always do a NICS check. DeadlyBenelli to be technically correct take your nova and go to an FFL dealer with your buddy thats buying the gun. The FFL will probably charge a slight fee, but your asss is 100% covered. Make the purchaser pay the fee. If you just draft up a document the firearm is still supposedly in your posession according to the record of sale. Something goes awry with the gun and the ATF&E will be showing up at YOUR house in the early a.m.