Help with M1 Super 90 converstion

Ding126

I have a couple of M1's super 90's and am considering converting one to a hunting rifle for fowl. I have a few questions.

1 Does a M1 & M2 use the same barrels? Looing fr a 26-28" ribbed barrel.

2 Where can I find factory chokes and wrench?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1.) There are two things that define a M1 and M2 barrel: the collar and the choke type.

The Collar is a threaded chamber with rivets and the ejector. The M1 collar does not have a shoulder, the M2 does. This shoulder will prevent most M1 forearms from being attached (Late M1s had a cut-out for the shoulder) All M2 forearms will accept a shoulder or smooth taper.

You can use a M2 barrel on a M1, you will need to file away plastic , use a surefire light, or use the matching M2 forearm.

60054.jpg

M2 Barrels use the "Crio Extended choke tubes", M1 use the older "mobil chokes"

2.)

BenelliUSA

MGW

Brownells

There's another issue to deal with. Whether you can use a M2 forearm on an M1 depends on how old the M1 is. Earlier M1's had a different mag tube diameter than some of the newer versions. A M2 forearm will fit some of the newer M1's. Not the earlier generations. For those you would have to go the M1 forearm modification route. There used to be a whole thread here with pictures, measurements, and everything but for some reason that old link doesn't work any more.

Edited by truckcop