Benelli M3 Super 90 - Bolt Stuck (won't go forward)

NatArmsUSA

Recently put an M3 Super 90 to the test.

Initially i was having trouble with the Gun in Semi-Auto mode, so stuck to Pump Action, which is hard to use during a quick shoot for Quail.

I think breaking in is a must for these guns. Hoping it would fire well after the 1st shoot and cleaning.

So cleaned and reassembled, now stuck with a new disaster, the BOLT IS STUCK i.e. it won't go forward from the cocked position.

The Bolt Release Button won't push in either.

Hope some of you seasoned Pros can assist me.

Wow. Great question. I am not familiar with the hybrid action of the M3. Hopefully someone will come along who is.

The bolt release MUST be pushed in before installing the trigger assembly. I know folks have had this problem before with the M3, and we just had a guy do it with an M4 not too long ago.

Wow. Great question. I am not familiar with the hybrid action of the M3. Hopefully someone will come along who is.

The bolt release MUST be pushed in before installing the trigger assembly. I know folks have had this problem before with the M3, and we just had a guy do it with an M4 not too long ago.

please post the link to that thread, if its a similar problem and solution for mine.

Thank you for the effort people i managed to have a friend help me work around the issue and we have managed to resolve it. Ill share what little i learnt for others reference.

1. During Reassembly: While inserting the Trigger Group Assembly (part 9101 however has many names used in the manual e.g. 'protection cover unit') the 'hammer' (part 9102) must be cocked, the bolt release button must remain pressed so that the 'carrier latch spring' (part 9058) acting as a lever pushes inwards towards the receiver frame, so it creates an open passage for the Trigger Group Assembly to be inserted.

2. This 'carrier latch spring' if not pressed inward, will go over the 'cartridge drop lever' (part 9076) or some other part of the trigger assembly which when the bolt is cocked will jam the parts and the 'bolt release button' won't depress the 'carrier latch spring'