Collapsible stock vs Urbino (Supernova)

elduderino

Hey everyone,

I'm going to get either the Benelli made collapsible stock or the Urbino stock and wanted to know what people thought about each one.

This is a target/home defense shotgun. The reason I am in the market for a new stock is because I have been cursed with short arms. I need to reduce the LOP from the comfortech stock that is on it now. I could shoot it with the comfortech, it's just not as comfortable as I'd like it to be. From my research, the pro to the collapsible stock are the 5 positions. The pro to the Urbino is the limbsaver and the cheek riser. Just not sure if with the limbsaver the Urbino is that much shorter than the comfortech. The collapsible is only slightly more expensive so I'm not factoring price into my comparison.

Ok, well I see that I've asked this in the wrong forum. I was hoping for an answer that was backed up by at least a small amount of reason besides, everything Benelli is superior just because it's Benelli. Thank you for the completely useless responses.

Collapsible stock is crap, it wobbles too much on my SN and has crappy sling mounting.

Urbino rubber grip is too square for a good grip. Urbino is way less in price than the collapsing stock.

You can also check out ATI's collapsible stock, but I bet that is crap too.

Edited by chilidaugz

You can also check out ATI's collapsible stock, but I bet that is crap too.

And you would win that bet

I don't personally find the c-stock crap at all. The Promag c-stock is similar to, although of lesser quality, than the OEM c-stock and the buttpad seems to be much harder on the promag.

I just did not like the feel of the one Urbino stocked gun I shouldered. That was just a fitment for my frame issue and I never shot the gun.

I have a m4 c-stock on my supernova. The wobble is easy to fix. All you have add a little weld to the notch and the wobble is gone. I also added my own notch for a custom lop. I had the urbino stock and didn't care for it.

Edited by gumby510

Maybe the difference between the wobbly stocks is that RoadDad has the c-stock that is actually made for the Supernova. I wonder if Chillidaugz has the M4 stock as well. I would be getting the correct c-stock, not jerry rigging the m4 one which isn't made for the Supernova.

Maybe it's not, I take slight offence to that. It's not Jerry rigged, all factory parts used and a machined/milled notch to add a position. I can just about guarantee chillidaudz doesn't have the m4 stock on his supernova. From what I know I'm the only one who has done it. From what I've noticed almost all c-stocks have a little slop in them to make adjustment easier. Mine it tight with no slop on notch I machined but because of that it's a little bit more difficult to "find". Only did it to begin with because I prefer the look of the m4 c stock over the supernova c stock

I'd go with benelli c stock. I have a urbino stock on my m4 and it's been another short of a nightmare. Unless u need a cheek riser I'd stay far from it. The grip came loose and had to glue back on and at high round counts it gets wobbly. Magpul needs to put out a stock so I can trash this thing