Oauth Shotgun Rounds

AVATactical.com

For the price, they should come coated! I'd like to see the resizing dies needed for those monsters. Probably make grandpa's old MEC cry.

I have used the Hexolite 32 Russian steel slugs. That's actually what I leave in the M4 in the house. They're made for killing pissed off brown bears. Since it's a sabot slug, the recoil is very mild.

Their weight spec says it is 1.376 ounces. Moving at that speed, you'd be looking at 1925 foot pounds of muzzle energy. You're looking at the energy delivery of a 30'06 in a much larger bullet that has the potential to expand up to 3 inches.

$7.00 per round? Man, I thought quality 308 ammo was expensive.

I would also have concerns trying to justify my ammo selection to a jury in the very unfortunate case I had to use these rounds for HD/SD.

That said, they look like they're well engineered and manufactured. Interesting design.

YMMV, of course.

One interesting thing they point out about the aluminium shells is that they won't warp in the magazine.

I know this is a big issue in stick mag fed shotguns, not sure if this is an issue in tube mag fed guns ever.

For stick mag fed guns, you can probably relieve 90% of issues with just a single shell, the one on the top of the stack.

$7.00 per round? Man, I thought quality 308 ammo was expensive.

I would also have concerns trying to justify my ammo selection to a jury in the very unfortunate case I had to use these rounds for HD/SD.

That said, they look like they're well engineered and manufactured. Interesting design.

YMMV, of course.

Glad I live in Texas with a strong Castle Law.