Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CZ USA vs Franchi

:)Hello All, I am new to this forum, and don't know a whole lot about shotguns. Currently doing some research, as I wish to purchase an over/under shotgun to be utilized in shooting upland birds in Hawaii. We shoot mostly pheasants and francolins.

Wanted something that weighed 6.5 pounds or less, as we do a lot of walking on some rough terrain.

Came up with the CZ Ultra light Green for about $750 with a 28 inch barrel, vs the Franchi Instinct L at $1,200 or the SL at $1,450 all 28 inch barrels.

Any suggestions, comments, pros vs cons would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

You usually get what you pay for. The quality on the Franchi guns is a little better than the CZ. Both are functional but if you have the money, you probably won't regret going with the Franchi. The CZ I owned was ok. The Franchi guns I still own are excellent.

Bill

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Franchi - Italy     The SL is very nice when weight is a factor, 7 year warranty, Benelli customer service, very good.  Parts quality will show exceptional over time.

CZ - Turkey    1 year 5 year on some parts, nice offering from the Value Over/Under segment. 

• 6 months later...