Benelli Warrenty Repairs swampped with novas?

crazyhair

Don't see a post about 100's of Nova awaiting repair at Benelli.

Has there been a recall? Is there a letter circulating from Benelli? I have several friends that own Novas - two of which I bought and sold to them - so I need to know about a recall ASAP!

I see a post about a barrel obstruction, but no general posting about 100's of Novas being returned to Benelli.

Please provide verification of the recall.

Just checking,

mudhen - CA

Merely referring to an ambiguous reference to an ambiguous post about an ambiguous problem.

So far, this entire thread has told me nothing of any value.

I too looked on the SGW site and could find no post about hundereds, or even dozens, of problematic novas.

If I'm going to chase geese, I'd rather set out some decoys and be in a blind somewhere.

Finally, in a love/hate fest about the Nova vs the 500 I found the one post and this is the comment: "I've heard that Bennelli's repair department is swamped with Nova's coming in for warranty/repairs these days but haven't checked it out to be sure if it's true. might be worth checking into before buying one though."

Now the whole post, note the first sentance.

Lots of speculation and unfounded claims on the part of Nova owners here as usual. The fact remains that the Nova has not been subjected to and survived the punishing military tests that the Mossberg has. Tests that involved alot more than the well known 3000 round buckshot marathon and included, drop tests, freezing,submerging the gun in mud/sand and a bunch more. Abusive Tests that the Mossberg came up from shooting every time. The Nova hasn't survived 42 years in the civilian marketplace like the Mossberg has. And the Nova hasn't been around long enough to know how it will hold up over the long haul like the Mossberg's have either. I've heard that Bennelli's repair department is swamped with Nova's coming in for warranty/repairs these days but haven't checked it out to be sure if it's true. might be worth checking into before buying one though.

I believe the misinformation is from the SGW thread "Mossberg 500 12 gauge vs. Benelli Nova 12":

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=37215

More specifically posted by "Guest" on SGW:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=37215#258451

Pure hearsay with no facts.

Regards threeshot

[ 12-22-2004, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: threeshot ]