C-STOCK Mid setting

Joe Marino

I purchased 1" long steel washers, longer screws, and electrical heat shrink tubing at Ace Hardware. The 3 screws in the top of the riser must be replaced with longer screws. I used the heat shrink tubing on the washers. Simply install the longer washers between the underside of the cheek riser and the top of the collapsible stock and screw down with newly purchased longer screws. Depending on what type of optic mount you go with will depend on the height of washers. This is a very sold platform. (Be advised that when you raise the cheek weld you will no longer be able to use the Ghost Ring Sites).

Excellent Photos Bodybuilder!

Thanks for the info. If I did this I could "procure" the screws and heat shrink from where I work. Just have to buy the spacers.

Many Thanks!

You're welcome.

Best of hope with customizing your Benelli M4 to suite your needs.

That looks like a lot of work. Why did you do it? Raising both the dot, and the cheek-piece makes no sense to me, as you could be running a lighter setup with less parts, and achieve the same cheek/optic/eye relationships you have now, with a lower optic mount, lighter optic, and no modification of the cheek-riser.

That looks like a lot of work. Why did you do it? Raising both the dot, and the cheek-piece makes no sense to me, as you could be running a lighter setup with less parts, and achieve the same cheek/optic/eye relationships you have now, with a lower optic mount, lighter optic, and no modification of the cheek-riser.

As to your statement, you should be absolutely correct. My answer to your statement is that not all body profiles are the same. Before I made these modifications, in the early hours one morning, around 3AM I grabbed my Benelli. It was pitch black and no mater where I rested my cheek on the cheek weld I could not find the Red Dot. No matter if I moved my head up, down, left, or right I simply could not find the Red Dot on the Aimpoint. This was quite alarming. I never had this problem in the day as I could see reference points on the Aimpoint. Take those reference points away and I challenge anyone to re-check your optic platform in a 0 light situation and I mean 0 light. You may be surprised at what you don't see and that may be the "Red Dot". I needed to come up a bit on the Aimpoint. The Quick Detach mount that I purchased brought the Aimpoint up to its current height. Raising the cheek weld 1" was the perfect match to the height of the optic. I now have a functional optic in a 0 light situation 100% of the time. I am very clear in stating that this works for my body profile which is a 5'11"

253 lb. bodybuilder. As far as the weight of the weapon goes, even at 57 the good Lord has Blessed me with the strength of 10 men.(LOL) I wish that I could have kept cheek weld the same height so as to utilize ghost ring site if need be but for me this is the height that works. As far as time and money, $10.00 parts / 1 hour labor. (Does not include cost of Q/D mount)

Edited by bodybuilder
t

As to your statement, you should be absolutely correct. My answer to your statement is that not all body profiles are the same. Before I made these modifications, in the early hours one morning, around 3AM I grabbed my Benelli. It was pitch black and no mater where I rested my cheek on the cheek weld I could not find the Red Dot. No matter if I moved my head up, down, left, or right I simply could not find the Red Dot on the Aimpoint. This was quite alarming. I never had this problem in the day as I could see reference points on the Aimpoint. Take those reference points away and I challenge anyone to re-check your optic platform in a 0 light situation and I mean 0 light. You may be surprised at what you don't see and that may be the "Red Dot". I needed to come up a bit on the Aimpoint. The Quick Detach mount that I purchased brought the Aimpoint up to its current height. Raising the cheek weld 1" was the perfect match to the height of the optic. I now have a functional optic in a 0 light situation 100% of the time. I am very clear in stating that this works for my body profile which is a 5'11"

253 lb. bodybuilder. As far as the weight of the weapon goes, even at 57 the good Lord has Blessed me with the strength of 10 men.(LOL) I wish that I could have kept cheek weld the same height so as to utilize ghost ring site if need be but for me this is the height that works. As far as time and money, $10.00 parts / 1 hour labor. (Does not include cost of Q/D mount)

So it is basically to accommodate a Comp series body style optic?

So it is basically to accommodate a Comp series body style optic?
Yes. Its actually an older Aimpoint Comp 2. . Again, I would like to be clear in what Unobtanium has stated in post # 28. If you do not need to raise cheek weld the best advise is don't. You will permanently loose the ability to use your ghost ring sites. If you are going to go with a red dot optic, I personally do not believe there is a more battle proven red dot on the market than a Aimpoint Comp series red dot. I have fired well over 1000 rounds using all Sabo slugs. Holds 0 perfectly. Built like a tank. This is the route that I chose to go to accommodate my needs. Edited by bodybuilder

Yes. Its actually an older Aimpoint Comp 2. . Again, I would like to be clear in what Unobtanium has stated in post # 28. If you do not need to raise cheek weld the best advise is don't. You will permanently loose the ability to use your ghost ring sites. If you are going to go with a red dot optic, I personally do not believe there is a more battle proven red dot on the market than a Aimpoint Comp series red dot. I have fired well over 1000 rounds using all Sabo slugs. Holds 0 perfectly. Built like a tank. This is the route that I chose to go to accommodate my needs.

All of the T-series micros are g2g