SBE 3 Shim

Matt74

Hi I have a super black eagle 3 and I am hoping to change the shim to adjust the point of impact down some. It has the original shim in it now from the factory. Which shim should I change it to in order to adjust my POI down?

Thanks

Can't give you a specific without knowing which shim your gun has now...but changing to a shim that INCREASES the stock “drop” will help your move your POI lower.

Even with the max drop shim installed the SBE3 is still probably going to shoot a pattern that is 70-80% high, that is just the way the gun is designed.

• 1 year later...

Your SBE 3 more than is setup from the factory with the B Drop Lock Plate. If your model is a right handed version you will note that the Drop Lock Plate will be noted B DX.  The DX represents a right handed cast.  You can change the orientation of your cast by using the side of the Drop plate labeled SX.  You will then have a gun casted left handed.  I would suggest moving your Drop Locking plate to the D locking plate if you want to lower your POA.  Please remember your Benelli is designed to shoot a 60/40 pattern high.  Benelli tolerance is 1" to 5" at 21 yards.  Most guns will be on the lower side of this delta.

Please reach out if you may need additional help.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 10:15 PM, Randy_00 said:

I bought my sbe 3 from a guy who didn’t like it. I need the original shim kit that comes from the factory when you buy the gun new. Where do i get the kit? The gun only came with a choke. The guy lost the kit that came with the shotgun when he bought from cabelas. 

Did you ever find a choke kit with the shims? I have an extra set that I will sell you.