IWC mount

Sigfla

I received my mount today along with some other goodies in the mail. Let me say my apprehension in ordering it with the AVA not being available immediately disappeared upon opening it. It is not bulky at all and it fits the gun very nicely. I had intended to use my Olight M2R with the mount and it looks amazing on the gun however the factory Olight Pic rail mount is huge and it gets in the way no matter how I mount the light. I will either have to change mounts or spring for a Scout light (which IMHO the mount kinda needs). Not sure what approach I will sendup taking as the Scout lights are all pretty much sold out or $$. I don't want to cannibalize one from one of the AR's either. Hopefully I can find a more low profile ring mount that fits the Pic rail without blocking the line of sight.

I also got my 870 back from the smith and decided to standardize all my sling mounts. I had a single point on my 870 back when they were the rage but everything else I own uses a 2 point with QD buttons. A quick order to Mesa for one of their 870 QD magazine caps and now my slings all work for each gun I own.  

Yeah, I originally ordered the pic rail version because I have one of the new Scout Light Pros that comes with a low-profile integrated mount. However, I can confirm that even that mount doesn't allow you to get as close as the Scout mount. Earl from IWC confirmed that they designed the pic rail primarily for folks wanting to use X300s, Inforce WMLs, and other such lights. I think "traditional" lights are best addressed via ring mounting. 

I have an Inforce but didn't really want to use it. I went ahead and found a black 300c in stock. My dealer pricing is only 20 bucks difference so I just bought it retail. I am pretty sure I have an extra switch laying around. If not I will just pony up for another. I love Surefire but they are just overpriced given some of the other quality options in the market now. 

The IWC mount is a perfect fit with the Surefire Scout M300C. The direct attachment keeps it very low profile. You will be pleased that you got the M300C. I also prefer the 2 point sling style and got the IWC rear QD mount for the collapsible stock as well. My Vickers sling works great and I like the QD at each end.