Benelli M3 tube removal help

boof

Hi

What is the secret to removing the tube?  I used a torch to heat the tube from the receiver side but still could not get it to loosen.  Also, the plastic guide on the barrel side of the receiver is plastic so obviously not torch/heat friendly.  That plastic part seems to be glued to slots in the receiver? There is also a plastic retaining ring around the shot tube.  Those plastic parts seem cheap and available so maybe I need to replace them after swapping tubes??

I was able to change out my original mag tubes to the 7 shell tubes by using a heatgun with a small nozzle attachment to precisely direct heat to the outside metal of the receiver. Heated up enough quickly to loosen up the red threadlocker (lots of it) and was fortunate not to damage or warp the plastic parts and my M3. Did this for both the M3 and M4, even though our unit's armorer/gunsmith said to use a torch...

• Upvote 1