Break in process!

geno0506

Disclaimer: new M4 owner as well.

just broke her in on 29 Sept..she easily took about 75 target/light loads with NOT one hiccup. Tried around 7-10 rounds #5, no problem. 
Assembly was NOT as seen on YouTube.. more in line with my manual( mine came from Italy ?? with the trigger prepped for assembly, so no reason to take out the trigger group.  Absolute bad ass gun.. my face still hurts from smiling sooo much! Enjoy and be safe!

did not pre oil anything, cleaning her this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I’d disassemble it, inspect it, see how everything works. Clean off the packing protective oil. Oil it up wet with something good on the action. Grease the sear contacts on the trigger pack. Leave the pistons and magazine dry. 

Resassemble and take it out. Fire low dram value pack stuff to see how it performs with weak ammo. Shoot as much buckshot and slugs as your shoulder and wallet can stand. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Juliett Whiskey said:

Disclaimer: new M4 owner as well.

just broke her in on 29 Sept..she easily took about 75 target/light loads with NOT one hiccup. Tried around 7-10 rounds #5, no problem. 
Assembly was NOT as seen on YouTube.. more in line with my manual( mine came from Italy ?? with the trigger prepped for assembly, so no reason to take out the trigger group.  Absolute bad ass gun.. my face still hurts from smiling sooo much! Enjoy and be safe!

did not pre oil anything, cleaning her this weekend.

Thanks for the response!

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I’d disassemble it, inspect it, see how everything works. Clean off the packing protective oil. Oil it up wet with something good on the action. Grease the sear contacts on the trigger pack. Leave the pistons and magazine dry. 

Resassemble and take it out. Fire low dram value pack stuff to see how it performs with weak ammo. Shoot as much buckshot and slugs as your shoulder and wallet can stand. 

Thank you sir, appreciate it!

9 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

PM sent thanks