2021 Magazine Tube (and spring) M4 Thread

Fett Tracking

When I emailed socomguy, he said he had a few h2o ones on hand and shipped one out to me the next morning. Got here a total of 3 days after I sent the email asking if he still made them. Tube fit great and looks great as well. If I get another M4, he will be the guy I get one from again. 

CFB976D6-F4F6-42AD-A611-913D9FB5C911.jpeg

C94A4E07-7755-4C95-BA2C-961AD59D07D1.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I'm proud new owner of the new M4 H20 and to this forum and I've also just received my tube from SOCOM guy.

As of now I'm using factory springs for my 7rds tube and as far as when I manually cycle my shells I had no issues, but I will find out when I get to the range to see how she will perform.

His work and quality of tube speaks for itself and he is a very nice gentleman to deal with.

Only very minor complain about the tube is the color, it's close to H20 but I guess it's my OCD telling me that it's a tad bit darker than the actual H20 color.

Besides that I love my new extended magazine and I did not have to wait for 4-5 weeks for it.

Please see pictures below.

M4 1.jpg

M4 3.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I see that many have switched out the M4 H20 5 round magazine tube for the 7 round magazine tube. I own a fairly new M4 H20 with pistol grip and have recently bought a 7 round tube from Benelliparts.net. Here's the question: what method have any of you used to remove the 5 round tub? Has the heat altered the H20 finish in any way?

18 hours ago, ABUOKC said:

I see that many have switched out the M4 H20 5 round magazine tube for the 7 round magazine tube. I own a fairly new M4 H20 with pistol grip and have recently bought a 7 round tube from Benelliparts.net. Here's the question: what method have any of you used to remove the 5 round tub? Has the heat altered the H20 finish in any way?

The heat did not alter the finish.  Get an IR thermometer and a heat gun. Evenly heat the front of the receiver inside and out and around to 250 F.  You’ll hear little crackling along the way.  At 250+ you should be able to twist it off pretty easily unless you’re an unlucky one where they caked it on there real thick.  Worked for me twice without issue.  10 minutes or so done.

2 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

The heat did not alter the finish.  Get an IR thermometer and a heat gun. Evenly heat the front of the receiver inside and out and around to 250 F.  You’ll hear little crackling along the way.  At 250+ you should be able to twist it off pretty easily unless you’re an unlucky one where they caked it on there real thick.  Worked for me twice without issue.  10 minutes or so done.

Thanks for the guidance. I plan to remove/install the tube myself. I recently bought a heat gun (SEEKONE Heavy Duty) and IR thermometer (ETEKCITY LASERGRIP 630). I am curious, though. The videos I've reviewed show heating of just the outside of the receiver.

7 hours ago, ABUOKC said:

Thanks for the guidance. I plan to remove/install the tube myself. I recently bought a heat gun (SEEKONE Heavy Duty) and IR thermometer (ETEKCITY LASERGRIP 630). I am curious, though. The videos I've reviewed show heating of just the outside of the receiver.

Yes metal spreads heat nicely and quickly.  So by heating the front evenly your going to heat up the threads of where the tube sits and separate the loctite.  By not heating the tube directly the tube does not expand with the heat and you can unscrew it easier.  Don’t get me wrong it will be getting some heat, But the end you unscrew from won’t be nearly as hot.  Neither of mine had much loctite in them.  Both were purchased in 2021.  Others have have had varying results.

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:24 PM, Ben elLes said:

16 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Yes metal spreads heat nicely and quickly.  So by heating the front evenly your going to heat up the threads of where the tube sits and separate the loctite.  By not heating the tube directly the tube does not expand with the heat and you can unscrew it easier.  Don’t get me wrong it will be getting some heat, But the end you unscrew from won’t be nearly as hot.  Neither of mine had much loctite in them.  Both were purchased in 2021.  Others have have had varying results.

Thanks again. With the information you've provided, I think I'm all set. Best regards for a Prosperous and Happy New Year.

• Upvote 1

Got a 7 shot tube from SOCOMguy installed and in looking at an extended mag spring and I am wondering what the difference is on a 12ga spring direct from Wolff vs the special ones that FFT that they say is made by Wolff that is selling for 5x the price of a Wolff standard XP spring.  I cannot see what the big difference is for the extra money.  A mag tube spring is not really rocket science.  For the cost I think I will try the one from Wolff.  Anyone else do the same?

• Upvote 2

On 1/5/2022 at 8:33 PM, blfuller said:

Got a 7 shot tube from SOCOMguy installed and in looking at an extended mag spring and I am wondering what the difference is on a 12ga spring direct from Wolff vs the special ones that FFT that they say is made by Wolff that is selling for 5x the price of a Wolff standard XP spring.  I cannot see what the big difference is for the extra money.  A mag tube spring is not really rocket science.  For the cost I think I will try the one from Wolff.  Anyone else do the same?

I just use a factory 7 round spring from benelliparts. It works perfectly. And yes, the Wolf spring is probably the exact same one that is being sold by FFT. He overprices everything 

Edited by BK02