Hot Deal on a Nice Weapon Light -- Cloud Defensive Rein

les_garten

8 hours ago, Milspec said:

I’m concerned about the extra weight  this light has.  The M4 is front heavy already.  I know we’re only talking and extra 2-3 oz over a SF M600 but the M4 is hefty.  I know the tool steel bezel adds some justifiable oz to it.  As the competitors use aluminum.

Has anyone noticed the extra weight up front?  I also notice the clicky buttons sits back roughly 1/2” or so farther.  Any issues with comfort or thumb jam?

Can't say I've really noticed the weight but I have the briley carbon fiber magazine tube which probably offset some of that front end weight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Annnd both standard kits are sold out.  Wow!  Last time they went for 2-3 days if I recall correctly.

Complete kits are still available.  Sometimes they'll pop back up for sale if someone has it reserved in their cart and doesn't act on it after the 15 min window.

Edited by Milspec

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Milspec said:

Son of a B!  Every time I buy something the next best thing comes out.  It happened with my Elzetta and now the Rein!

70k candela is a big boost.  Lumens dropped to 1,100 not that it really matters.

I have 3 different levels of Elzetta strength.  I use them still on occasion to look in a closet or a crevice.  I cannot believe how much more light I have gotten used to.  They seem like incandescent now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kahamu said:

Haha I'm in the same boat. I ended up selling both my Reins in preparation for the 2.0s. They did mention an upgrade promo for rein 1s.

The video kind of explains the whole candela/lumen reason. 

I like where they are going with the 2.0.  Though for some reason, although probably unnecessary, I'm quite found of the tool steel bezel on the 1.0.

My only concern is the shortening of the lugs.  The 1.0 tail cap is pretty close to the OEM M4 forearms when using the IWC mount.  This might be an issue with 2.0 but we won't know until somebody tries it. 

Edited by Milspec

1 hour ago, les_garten said:

I have 3 different levels of Elzetta strength.  I use them still on occasion to look in a closet or a crevice.  I cannot believe how much more light I have gotten used to.  They seem like incandescent now!

I have an ancient surefire like that.  LOL  I remember when I thought it was ultra blinding.

I picked up an Alpha 1 several months ago and then they came out with the next Gen.  I really like Elzetta's build quality.  I wish they would make a better mount system or a scout lugged weapon light.

1 hour ago, Kahamu said:

True. I kept my m600df on my m4 for now. I'll have to check the clearance once I'm able to snag a rein 2

I kept the M600DF on my M4 as well.  The Rein is a bit large, and it is a thrower more than a Flooder.  I like the Surefire cause it's a good compromise for a shotgun.  The Rein will go better on an AR maybe.